Which Direction In The Transfer Market?

Blueroses said:
CTID101 said:
Bizarre how people seem to think Maicon will leave after one season.
I have seen enough of him to know that he can certainly handle himself in this league and is a fantastic option to have regardless of his age.

Besides Johnson, Kolo, Santa Cruz and Bridge running their contracts down I see the following leaving;
Dzeko, Kolarov, Milner, Balotelli and Lescott.

I would aim to bring in over the next two transfer windows.... Benat, Isco and Jovetic/Other St

Jovetic would replace Dzeko and Balotelli (Guidetti becoming a part of the team as well)
Benat would replace Milner and would complement Yaya or Garcia and provide competition for Barry and Rodwell. Razak maybe another loan move.
Isco would be more to complement the team than to replace anyone.
With Kolarov, Lescott and Kolo leaving a new CB may come in but Rekik may just step up and Garcia/Rodwell can play CB. Zaba can certainly fill in at LB if necessary.

Overall it will be about shaving the almost "deadwood" who aren't starters and don't deserve their wages and replacing them with younger and cheaper alternatives. In most cases improving that position as well!

exactly what i'm thinking. i wish mancini would think that way too and not blame the strikers. with benat and isco we will provide too many chances for aguero and tevez (dzeko balotelli hopefully gone) to score. guidetti will also get a chance and for me there is no need to always play with 2 strikers. almost all big teams play with 1 striker. maybe in some games we can play 3 in midfield (benat garcia yaya) and silva isco aguero further forward. isco and benat are a must for me and im sure mancini will go after a player like jovetic too but for me there is no need for him (real madrid has only two strikers and play with 1 upfront every game, barcelona play with no strikers but u can tell me they have messi and ronaldo who score 60-70 goals a season so ok). truth be told i'd like to see jovetic in a city shirt because he is a special player.

One word...width. We need a wide man. You can have all the playmakers in the world but when the time comes for Plan B or to stretch teams you need those players who "get chalk on their boots".

I think the primary goal will still be to balance the books and the shape of our squad. Too many players on too big contracts needs to be dealt with. Whether or not that negates us going for big signings until that's occurred I don't know, but I fully support that idea, and can easily take us not winning the PL for a few years if it means we build the perfect club and squad, all the way from the janitors to the owner.

I have a feeling Txiki and Ferran are mainly interested in signing young players for reasonable fees, such as Benat, Isco and so on.

Matt the Giant said:
I think the primary goal will still be to balance the books and the shape of our squad. Too many players on too big contracts needs to be dealt with. Whether or not that negates us going for big signings until that's occurred I don't know, but I fully support that idea, and can easily take us not winning the PL for a few years if it means we build the perfect club and squad, all the way from the janitors to the owner.

I have a feeling Txiki and Ferran are mainly interested in signing young players for reasonable fees, such as Benat, Isco and so on.

Is Isco a wide man, because that is what we are crying out for?

January windows are never busy for any club but a couple of decent loan deals wouldn't go amiss.

Just a thought but lots of rumours that Lavezzi was unhappy at PSG i think, what about a swap for Nasri? Would give us pace out wide and decent crosser form what i've seen. Could prob play silva/nasri central AM role too?
Being Argie should fit in well!

Also How would that affect us FFP wise? Positively?

Salford_Blue said:
Matt the Giant said:

He is, or at least based on what I have seen. He usually plays out on the left tending to cut inside. he also is very adept at a more deep lying central midfield position, preferably left side.
I'd say he is very similar to Iniesta in how he moves and plays his game, all though not at the same level obviously. Not yet anyway. So not a traditional winger, but more of a wide playing attacking midfielder.

Salford_Blue said:
Matt the Giant said:

No, he's another Silva or Nasri.

bapi said:
Salford_Blue said:
Matt the Giant said:

No, he's another Silva or Nasri.

Similar to Silva yes, but not to Nasri. Samir is more of a central player than Silva and Isco, it's just that Mancini uses him out wide due to a lack of alternatives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.