Which Managers should City never have sacked ?

Blue Lloyd said:
wayne71 said:
The answer is easy, what success has any manager sacked by city ever had after leaving us?

Its not like we sacked a budding fergie or wenger now is it?

Obviously cannot speak for hughes yet.

Erm Ron Saunders did actually win the League Cup and League Title with Aston Villa as well as guiding them to a European Cup Final before quitting. But I take your point.

Like I said, the answer is easy :)

unsworthblue said:
jimharri said:
A true Clarkie moment there by Unsworth Blue. Mods, I know the thread isn't particularly "classic" material, but that post has to be saved in the classsic thread section somehow. Unsworth; I doff my cap to you. You have outdone even the legend that is Clarkie. Round of applause for Unsworth!
applause.gif
the comparison with Clarkie is touching but i don't think you can compere football these days with football 50 years ago.things move on.people used to go to old trafford one week,maine road the next.you would'nt get that these days.there is too much at stake in football these days.Hughes should never of managed Manchester City football club.could you imagine a Modern DAY CITY LEGEND (see what i did thier) managing those set of wankers.lets stay away from all things stretford in future.
Ah; you changed your original quote thwen? You did say;
unsworthblue said:
Can you imagine a City legend managing those twunts!
And of course Matt Busby was a City legend. I'm not quite old enough to remember him playing, but by all accounts he was a very good player.

jimharri said:
unsworthblue said:
the comparison with Clarkie is touching but i don't think you can compere football these days with football 50 years ago.things move on.people used to go to old trafford one week,maine road the next.you would'nt get that these days.there is too much at stake in football these days.Hughes should never of managed Manchester City football club.could you imagine a Modern DAY CITY LEGEND (see what i did thier) managing those set of wankers.lets stay away from all things stretford in future.
Ah; you changed your original quote thwen? You did say;
unsworthblue said:
Can you imagine a City legend managing those twunts!
And of course Matt Busby was a City legend. I'm not quite old enough to remember him playing, but by all accounts he was a very good player.
i don't remember Matt busby playing for us either.what i am saying is i was'nt happy when Hughes got the job.mainly to do with the fact that he is a utd legend.i gave him support but i'd rather stay away from those red scummy twats when appointing managers in future.hope Brian Kidd never gets made up to boss man.hang on he played for us as well!

unsworthblue said:
i don't remember Matt busby playing for us either.what i am saying is i was'nt happy when Hughes got the job.mainly to do with the fact that he is a utd legend.i gave him support but i'd rather stay away from those red scummy twats when appointing managers in future.hope Brian Kidd never gets made up to boss man.hang on he played for us as well!
The fact that he played for united never really bothered me. I know a lot of the Hughes Out mob always denied that that was the reason they wanted him out, but IO had my suspicions. At least you confirmed those suspicions, so I thank you for that. I always want what's best for City. If that 'best has rag connections, so be it. Terry Cooke was fantasstic for us during that dark season of '98/'99, and of course the Goat is a legend. And going back further, Denis Law is revered for THAT backheel. And Kiddo (ass you've already mentioned) was fantastic for us in the mid-late seventies. They all had rag connections. That didn't (and doesn't) bother me.

bluemanc said:
Reid was sacked to make way for the owners mate which is a bit deja vu ish for me,the football we played tbf was not to a lot of fans liking.
I think boring would be the right word to use,BUT he should not have been sacked because we didn't replace him with anyone better.
The one that really does stand out though is Joe Mercer,a more heinous act has never before/since been perpetuated against a City manager.
Swales's actions makes our owners decision to get rid of Hughes when we were 6th with a game in hand & in a cup semi look rational.

spot on, i remember it well and at the time and thought what the hell is going on .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.