Which Managers should City never have sacked ?

jimharri said:
unsworthblue said:
i don't remember Matt busby playing for us either.what i am saying is i was'nt happy when Hughes got the job.mainly to do with the fact that he is a utd legend.i gave him support but i'd rather stay away from those red scummy twats when appointing managers in future.hope Brian Kidd never gets made up to boss man.hang on he played for us as well!
The fact that he played for united never really bothered me. I know a lot of the Hughes Out mob always denied that that was the reason they wanted him out, but IO had my suspicions. At least you confirmed those suspicions, so I thank you for that. I always want what's best for City. If that 'best has rag connections, so be it. Terry Cooke was fantasstic for us during that dark season of '98/'99, and of course the Goat is a legend. And going back further, Denis Law is revered for THAT backheel. And Kiddo (ass you've already mentioned) was fantastic for us in the mid-late seventies. They all had rag connections. That didn't (and doesn't) bother me.
i'm the same as you.i want City to succeed over any feelings that i may have towards red shit.but apointing one of the biggest mufc legends of the past 20 years or so never pleased me.i gradually got used to the fact he was our manager and never got involved in the Hughes out chants.I support City whatever happens.JUst saying that i would rather us win trophies without some mufc legends sharing the platform with our sky blue heroes.i cannot speak for any Hughes outers as thats up to them.

I thought Peter Reid was crap. He had Sam Ellis as his assistant, and our football was getting progressivley worse, with long balls up to Quinny, our only tactic. Reid sold Colin Hendry for panuts, and replaced him wih 2.5m Curle, and Neil pointon, again for pennies, to be replaced by 2.5m Phelan. The club was on a dounwatd curve.
In my opinion, Sacking Tony Book for big Mal was the beginning of our decline. Mal sold a fantastic team, Owen, Barnes, Corrigan and replaced them with kids. I remember him selling a great side, and couldnt believe he was allowed to get away with it. In my opinion, we are only just really recovering from Malcolms madness.

Smoothy B. said:
I thought Peter Reid was crap. He had Sam Ellis as his assistant, and our football was getting progressivley worse, with long balls up to Quinny, our only tactic. Reid sold Colin Hendry for panuts, and replaced him wih 2.5m Curle, and Neil pointon, again for pennies, to be replaced by 2.5m Phelan. The club was on a dounwatd curve.
In my opinion, Sacking Tony Book for big Mal was the beginning of our decline. Mal sold a fantastic team, Owen, Barnes, Corrigan and replaced them with kids. I remember him selling a great side, and couldnt believe he was allowed to get away with it. In my opinion, we are only just really recovering from Malcolms madness.

I agree entirely. £1.4m on Steve Daley, 800k on Steve Mackenzie etc it was the start of a long dark tunnel which I feel we are finally only just emerging from.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Smoothy B. said:

I agree entirely. £1.4m on Steve Daley, 800k on Steve Mackenzie etc it was the start of a long dark tunnel which I feel we are finally only just emerging from.

Sorry as much as I agree that what Mal did was mental, to say we are only just recovering from it now is just silly. That was 30 years ago for Gods sake. We finished 5th twice under Reid, had the makings of a half decent team under Horton....

We are now recovering from the damage of the mid to late 1990's. Swales, Lee, Ball, Clarke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.