Which NFL team to support?

The Detroit Lions - almost as hopeless as City - still waiting for an Arab investor!

My vote would go for the St. Louis Rams! Even as a Yank, I had a tough time having a favorite team. I grew up in a state where 95% of football fans supported the Vikings. To me the Vikings are like Newcastle. Hopelessly unrealistic at the beginning of the season which results in crashing and burning. So they were out for me. But then in the late 90's early 00's the Rams had the "Greatest Show on Turf". In what some call the greatest Super Bowl ever, the Rams scored the go ahead TD with less than two minutes. Tennessee put together a drive that ended up just 18 inches short of the end zone as time expired. Watch "The Catch" and "The Tackle" on youtube: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJSDyPvyOGw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJSDyPvyOGw</a>

But since then, they've been pretty damn shit. Haven't had a winning season since 2004. We've got some great pieces in place, just a matter of putting it all together every Sunday. The organization is actually good and makes sure that they draft high character guys for the most part (that has changed somewhat with Fisher as head coach). There have been no expectations in the last 10 years really and most fans are used to us showing up and upsetting Super Bowl bound teams one week to losing to the last place team in the league the following weekend. It is a rollercoaster and you never know what team is going to show up. The team has a relatively small fan base since the team moved from Los Angeles to St. Louis. But the fans are dedicated while being realistic. The highs of the team are awesome, and the lows are expected.

Bit off topic but watching the Steelers back up quarter back look like it's the first time he's ever played the game last night, I couldn't help but wonder, why teams allow these players to go years without seeing ANY action?

I think the commentator said last night that it was the first time he'd stepped on the field in over two years.

It only bothered me because any chance they had of covering the handicap disappeared with Rosenberger but surely it would be in there interests to give the back ups a bit of game time every now again when games are well won in the 4th quarter?

An 80s child, like many I plumped for Washington Redskins, and they promptly went on to suck big time. Lost interest a while back.

SoDakBlue said:
My vote would go for the St. Louis Rams! Even as a Yank, I had a tough time having a favorite team. I grew up in a state where 95% of football fans supported the Vikings. To me the Vikings are like Newcastle. Hopelessly unrealistic at the beginning of the season which results in crashing and burning. So they were out for me. But then in the late 90's early 00's the Rams had the "Greatest Show on Turf". In what some call the greatest Super Bowl ever, the Rams scored the go ahead TD with less than two minutes. Tennessee put together a drive that ended up just 18 inches short of the end zone as time expired. Watch "The Catch" and "The Tackle" on youtube: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJSDyPvyOGw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJSDyPvyOGw</a>

But since then, they've been pretty damn shit. Haven't had a winning season since 2004. We've got some great pieces in place, just a matter of putting it all together every Sunday. The organization is actually good and makes sure that they draft high character guys for the most part (that has changed somewhat with Fisher as head coach). There have been no expectations in the last 10 years really and most fans are used to us showing up and upsetting Super Bowl bound teams one week to losing to the last place team in the league the following weekend. It is a rollercoaster and you never know what team is going to show up. The team has a relatively small fan base since the team moved from Los Angeles to St. Louis. But the fans are dedicated while being realistic. The highs of the team are awesome, and the lows are expected.

Kroenke owns the rams

nmc said:
The Detroit Lions - almost as hopeless as City - still waiting for an Arab investor!

E.manchester and Detroit are (or were) pretty similar

Kid rock is like a combination of the gallaghers and Ricky hatton (obviously not on musical accomplishment) seen him a few times fucked up on the big screen and staggering around ford field though , and like Ricky hatton if you didn't know who he was you'd guess he was homeless before rich/ famous

Great colours

Much more of an attractive female fan base than other divisional teams (bears, pack, Vikings)

If you don't know him YouTube Barry sanders

Has to be lions pretty empty bandwagon and with all this talent we'll be everyone's favourite soon so the glory hunter window will be shutting

Plz note being American I'm not intentionally putting all these extra U's in words the phone is doing it (live here now)

rick773 said:
SoDakBlue said:

Kroenke owns the rams

And their head coach is a thug! The Titans physicality ruined any chance the Chargers had of winning their only SB a few years ago.

Washington redskins for me,,
Been following them since the 80s when riggings and joe theisman were playing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.