Which NFL team to support?

onerbag said:
I'm a vikings fan. They have never won a superbowl, but hav played in one 4times. Narrowly missed out on another a few years back.
They were the team who seemed most akin to City to me.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
argyle said:
Just seems that whenever it comes to American Football, there's a section of people who can't wait to put there opinion across (usually cliched ignorant ones) that they don't like it - stay away from the thread then.

I don't particularly like F1 racing or tennis, I wouldn't go into a thread if there was one just to say I think it's crap.

Oh I see - you mean cliched,ignorant opinions like 'most Brits don't have the patience for a game that lasts 3 hours'?
When our national summer sport is cricket,and was so when the average sherman was still wiping out it's troublesome indigenous population?
Is that the kind of cliched,ignorant opinion you meant?
Well,I wonder who could possibly resort to such a simplistic conclusion?

Hmmm, I didn't once say 'most Brits,' as that would be wrong. I did however say that a section of people lack the patience to watch for 3 hours and say the length of the game is a problem to them.

argyle said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
argyle said:
Just seems that whenever it comes to American Football, there's a section of people who can't wait to put there opinion across (usually cliched ignorant ones) that they don't like it - stay away from the thread then.

I don't particularly like F1 racing or tennis, I wouldn't go into a thread if there was one just to say I think it's crap.

Oh I see - you mean cliched,ignorant opinions like 'most Brits don't have the patience for a game that lasts 3 hours'?
When our national summer sport is cricket,and was so when the average sherman was still wiping out it's troublesome indigenous population?
Is that the kind of cliched,ignorant opinion you meant?
Well,I wonder who could possibly resort to such a simplistic conclusion?

Hmmm, I didn't once say 'most Brits,' as that would be wrong. I did however say that a section of people lack the patience to watch for 3 hours and say the length of the game is a problem to them.

Tbh it isn't really the length of a game that is the problem for me - more the stop/start nature and lack of continuity.
I appreciate that they have commercial sponsors to please,but if you added all the actual action together,I would imagine a game would struggle to last beyond the hour.
It's a bit like a football match stopping for commercial breaks every time there is a throw in,free kick or corner.
Annoying as fuck.

My team? Well...

It's the Seahawks. Mainly due to my Auntie living next door to one of the players in the 80's meaning i got a lot of stuff sent over as presents.

Have to agree with NJ though, as much as i like watching the plays it is annoying as fuck due to the constant interruptions.

Imagine an American asking the same question about the Premier League!
Poor guy would be called 'gloryhunter' and everything, just like all the Indians and Chinese who support United.

Only joking mate :)

Gaylord du Bois said:
spurspinter1 said:
Seattle Seahawks, because I've always liked Seattle for some reason. I intend to go and watch them someday.
Cosmic.

I'm struggling to pin down a definition of the word cosmic that has anything to do with my post...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.