Which of our previous players would improve City today?

Hart

Doyle Book Vinny

Oakes
Zab Phelan
Merlin Bell

Yaya

Kun

Seen all of these play.

Subs Bert, Watson, Donachie, Nasri, Gow, Tevez, Beast, Summerbee

Met Bert, but didnt see him play.

was tempted to say Gerry Gow but he would get a red card in the warm up wiht todays refs

Still one of my favorite City players and his time at the club was not long enough

ctidcarl said:
When all players are fit, I believe we still need a good centre half to partner Vinnie.

So, with that logic I would have any of -

Sylvain Distin
Dave Watson (he was immense)
Mike Doyle (he was immense!!)
Jerome Boateng - the one that got away and plays regularly for Bayern Munich, and
they are not too shabby!!

Boateng was too young when he was here to do a job, but has matured pretty well.

Tevez too - but he could walk into most teams in the world

Boateng was and still is totally shite.

Squad wise ,several .First eleven ,I would suggest only 1 Colin Bell .So in effect your watching the best team City have ever had ,well it's comfortably the best City team I have ever seen.

ForzaMancini said:
BlueAnorak said:
From the last 54 years (when at the peak of their power) the following would at least improve the squad:
Bert, Book, Booth, Doyle, Watson, McCarthy, Pardoe, Power, Donachie, Oakes, Bell, Lake, Hamman, Kinkladze, Bernarbia, Sumerbee (M), Anelka, Law & Lee.

If we're including him then we can include George Weah, Robbie Fowler, McManaman etc.
And if you are including players who were past their prime when they played for us then can I go the opposite way and include Ryan Giggs?

;)<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:29 pm --<br /><br />
dctid said:
was tempted to say Gerry Gow but he would get a red card in the warm up wiht todays refs

Still one of my favorite City players and his time at the club was not long enough
Lol, that too true.

Bert Trautmann
Colin Bell Colin Bell Colin Bell Colin Bell

Colin Bell Colin Bell Colin Bell Colin Bell

Colin Bell Colin Bell

Subs: Frank Swift
Colin Bell
Colin Bell
Colin Bell
Colin Bell
Colin Bell

I defy anyone on here to produce a better Manchester City Team than this:

Kippax Street 1880 said:
ctidcarl said:
When all players are fit, I believe we still need a good centre half to partner Vinnie.

So, with that logic I would have any of -

Sylvain Distin
Dave Watson (he was immense)
Mike Doyle (he was immense!!)
Jerome Boateng - the one that got away and plays regularly for Bayern Munich, and
they are not too shabby!!

Boateng was too young when he was here to do a job, but has matured pretty well.

Tevez too - but he could walk into most teams in the world

Boateng was and still is totally shite.
Agreed its not that hard to defend when you have that midfield infront of you and the opposition dont touch the ball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.