Which of the signings are you most happy with

moomba said:
In terms of importance, value for money, and in general how pleased you are they are a blue.

For me:

1. Tevez - big statement, top quality footballer and winds up the rags.

2. Barry - good player, decent value, will slot straight into the first team

3. Adebayor - top quality when he can be arse, seems a bit of a twat. Will either be a bargain or a collosal waste of money.

4. Toure - top quality once. Not sure now. Always seemed a decent bloke.

5. RSC - decent player but overpriced and injury prone.

6. Taylor - bit of a nothing digning. Wouldn't have minded Weaver returning.

Still hoping for a change in the top three.

agree with all of that ....tevez and barry are top signings

they are all solid signings but bar tevez (hopefully) none of them will set the world alight.......they will help us push for the places between 5th -8th though....I wouldnt expect much more that that though....having said that that would be good progress

disappointed with the signing of RSC and worried about the attitude of Adebeyour (who is undoubted class but needs a massive change in attitude...hopefully MH can sort this out!)

Right Barry for me BUT i do not underestimate the importance of signing Taylor.

This allowed Hart to go out and will hopefully get another season of premier league games under his belt. Now this satisfies Harts need for games, and brings him on for us. If he is going to be the goalkeeper that we all think he is capable of being then a season on the bench will have done him no favours.

For me it would be Toure.

6 fantastic years at Arsenal blighted by last season but he did have an illness for most of the second half.Stormer of a player,great in the air,good on the deck,pacey and exactly what we needed.

Gotta go with Barry as number one signing so far in terms of potential impact. Though Tevez is the big one in many peoples eyes. Mind you I'm impressed with them all to be honest....fantastic transfer strategy so far.

quick question on our signings, would you have Barry as captain? (this is under the notion Lescott joins Toure at CB, rendering Dunne a squadie)

BimboBob said:
For me it would be Toure.

6 fantastic years at Arsenal blighted by last season but he did have an illness for most of the second half.Stormer of a player,great in the air,good on the deck,pacey and exactly what we needed.

^^^^^^ this ......think Barry will add as much but not be noticed by most.

Don't care whos captain,don't think it matters if you have the right players (mentally) which i believe we now have. If Dunnie starts in front of Toure/Ned i'll be disappointed...more so if we sign another CB.

For me it would be:

1. Adebayor

2. Barry

3. Tevez

4. Toure

5. RSC

6. Taylor

The lack of a good centre forward was so obvious last season and the signing of Ade, with RSC as back up, will help us no end both in attack and defence. So Ade is no.1, not just because he can score 20+ goals but because that was the team's biggest need.

Barry is the kind of midfielder we've lacked since Johnson's injuries, a good linking box-to-box type, who will give balance that the de JOng-Kompany axis lacked, and protect Bridge (also allowing Bridge to become the attacking fullback he really is). Great player and a truly fantastic signing who will make a huge difference. Barry-de Jong is a great, great partnership in the making IMO.

Tevez is a great little player, who - like Ade - will allow us to defend and recover the ball much higher up the pitch. He will also score and create goals, of course, and his workrate will be infectious. However he's lower down the list because he will have less of an effect, IMO, on the overall shape of the team. Both SWP and Bellamy already have some of Tevez's attributes (not that they're as good as him, of course). SO it was less of a need.

Touré: not sold 100% on the signing, but no doubt he'll be an upgrade. Brings a good attitude if nothing else. Personally I felt we needed, and still need, an aerially dominant CB (unless we fancy seeing Dunne play 38 games - I don't!). This might be mitigated by playing Kompany at CB. If we do that, I could see him forming a great partnership with TOuré, though I'm not sure where that leaves Nedum.

RSC: a personal favourite of mine. Has all the attributes of a top centre forward. Signing Ade is beneficial as we won't be relying on him and will be able to nurse his inevitable injuries. But it's hard to say he's really important if he's effectively a backup player.

interesting thread by the way; kudos to the OP.

P.S. Taylor is a bit of a 'meh' signing - sure, we needed a backup goalie, but it is simply ticking a necessary box. Provided things go according to plan, we won't even notice him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.