which player cost hughes his job.

warpig said:
johnny crossan said:
More specifically he signed his own P45 when he asked for more funds in January, that was not the plan and the owner was not prepared to trust him again.

lescott was injured, bridge was injured and toure was away for african nations. what do you expect.

Adequate cover perhaps? They did know about ACON I think and injuries are not unknown in football.

The players who have sparkled for City this season, Bellamy, Given and Tevez wanted Hughes to stay. I am sure that now Hughes has gone, who some felt wasn't worthy to manage him that Mr Robinho will now show us what a world class player he is and Mr Aderbayor puts in some effort.

Revolver said:
The players who have sparkled for City this season, Bellamy, Given and Tevez wanted Hughes to stay. I am sure that now Hughes has gone, who some felt wasn't worthy to manage him that Mr Robinho will now show us what a world class player he is and Mr Aderbayor puts in some effort.

If we have any players with that attitude i dont want them anywhere need my team thank you.

Tom_mcfc said:
Revolver said:

If we have any players with that attitude i dont want them anywhere need my team thank you.
It's interesting that Mark Hughes reckons he knew nothing of his dismissal until after the game yesterday but failed to start Adebayor and Robinho yesterday. I got a text off my mate at about 1pm saying that talksport were saying that Hughes would lose his job after the Sunderland game regardless of whether we beat them or not so I can't believe that Hughes didn't know anything. I think the whole team must have known and Santa Cruz and Bellamy played out of their skins to prove a point.

Anyway much as I love Robinho when he is on song we have not seen a lot of his silky skills this season and he is awfully well paid for doing very little. On a personal level he looks a bit of a shifty twat and I definetly would not trust him with my mobile phone - I've no doubt that he'd have a nosey at my texts.

remoh said:
Robinho. Both in the dressing room and on the pitch ( 28/12/2008)

sorry, what on earth do you mean by this. especially about the 28/12/2008. is that not the day he scored that last second equaliser against blackburn? what do you mean by this?

Revolver said:
I wouldn't hold your breath

It worries me that it appers (and it could all be paper talk and false) as I have stated that it is the players who have shown real pride in the City shirt that want Hughes to stay.

bluebreeze said:
Quite right!

Hughes lost himself the job as he had no tactical awareness.

I was a Hughes 'inner' until Tottenham. He starts the match with no wide right player, so 'Arry puts 2 men on Robbeh who is thus stifled so effectively, he is replaced by Petrov, who is still faced with 2 defenders as we still have no wide right outlet.

'Arry plays Crouch in front of Defoe so his flick ons can be contested by Defoe. Ade is left on his own and if he does get a flick on, it can only go to a Spurs player as there is no city player behind him. What is the incentive for Ade to contest high balls to him?

Les then brings on Santa Cruz, who like Ade is great in the air, but we still have no wide right player and Petrov has 2 on him all the time, so, apart from corners, we don't put a single cross in for Ade and Santa to have a go at.

It's not rocket science, but Hughes and his crew never seemed to cotton on and go to plan B.

That is why Les lost the job

Very Cogently and Succinctly Articulated. Cant' expressed it any better! Spot on!

Tongue in cheek I'd say Richard Dunne for leaving us in the lurch but seriously I thought Lescott took an age to get going and that's when we had all those draws. For me him and Toure should've hit the ground running and formed a solid partnership with all that training and after only one or two games. Their poor defending created a lot of nervousness in the back four and we never really settled down into any kind of solidarity. Blame the coaches all you want but they know how to defend or at least they used too. The fact is they never really got going. I can't blame Bridge too much because he's been decent overall. Richards ? well we all now how incompetent he is at this level. Zabba like Bridge did ok for the most part. I have to say Marvin makes a good point about the 4-2-4 formation chosen by Hughes which may have left the defence vulnerable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.