Which set of fans are the most deluded and why?

ramsdale4 said:
Newcastle.

They think they are the biggest club on the planet and have the best fans in the country...

Its laughable really.

I think you'll find most Newcastle fans hate the way they're portrayed in the media and cringe when terms like "messiah" and "Geordie nation" are used. Much the same way as we don't like the words bitter and massive.

As for being deluded I think all fans suffer from it no matter who you support. No one likes to hear bad things about their club and many refuse to hear, even when the obvious is staring them in the face. Rags take note.

if am being honest would have to say Liverpool

every single fooking year "WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE"

1 of my scouse mates after the arsenal game said they will easily finish 2nd-4rd i just Lol'd

Newcastle, everyday of the week. Absolutly no foundation for their arrogance.

Balti said:
We are. For over a decade we were deluded enough to think that we were still a big club and would one day challenge again even though our massive neighbours were winning everything and had unlimited pots of cash and we were in the depths and potless.

Deluded Madness!

:-))

Funny..... i remember the night we were playing macclesfield ( i think.. and no dis-respect to macc ) ... disney were playin milan the same night...
i remeber saying that we would never catch them up as the gap was too huge.............
pray for a miracle.. i think we all dreamed of one day competing. and i mean day- dreamed !!!

then the ghost of peter swales moved a few chairs upstairs...it had to be devine intervention.

we are now a hares breathe away from them ..
i have to pinch myself still....

did anybody else feel a sense of SHOCK amongst the fans coming out of the ground on monday night??

Brace yourselves.. eyes down ... belts on!!!

Don't really agree with Newcastle fans, most of them are a decent bunch. Apart from the rags it's spuds and both dippers.

stony said:
ramsdale4 said:
Newcastle.

They think they are the biggest club on the planet and have the best fans in the country...

Its laughable really.

I think you'll find most Newcastle fans hate the way they're portrayed in the media and cringe when terms like "messiah" and "Geordie nation" are used. Much the same way as we don't like the words bitter and massive.

As for being deluded I think all fans suffer from it no matter who you support. No one likes to hear bad things about their club and many refuse to hear, even when the obvious is staring them in the face. Rags take note.

Your probably right to be honest. How many times have we cringed at the village idiot being interviewed outside Eastlands on SSN?

I still maintain that the ratio of deluded to realistic fans is a lot far higher in the North East though.

ninjamonkey said:
Don't really agree with Newcastle fans, most of them are a decent bunch. Apart from the rags it's spuds and both dippers.
Indeed, the Geordie's love there football and seemed to have calmed down the last few years.

mike1923 said:
Everton

See themselves as a massive club (bigger than us) despite having :

a) A shit stadium
b) No money
c) No trophies for however many years
d) No big fanbase
I think Everton as well, don't get me wrong they have agood side an a good winning history but I have never met toffee fan that don't live in the 80s its quite bizar realy.
I know they have dne well to even be where they are with luckypool next door but the sooner they get religated so they can't throw the old never been down stat around the better.
You are no longer a big club Everton.

First time caller so please bare with me

Deluded? That has to be us, but only because of what we have been through.
I have followed city for 30 years and the 2 best players i have seen are , Cantona and most of all Scholes. that is really difficult to understand for a proud blue, but you have to recognise good football
Now is a time where we need to be humble - i could never envisage a Gareth Barry ever playing for us yet a read posts that he is crap!
City are now good(soon to be great) - it is how we deal with that which will shape our club ,not the riches, in the same way that how we dealt with how we were shit - unlike the newcastles and leeeds.
We were decent on against Liverpool, but the game against Spurs says how far we have come. Getting a result there is harder than beating a mediocre team at home.
As for the Given thing, good keeper, better than anyone in the league bar Reina and Hart, Tough for him but we should do the right thing and try anf keep him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.