Which set of fans are the most deluded and why?

The ghost of Burnage lane said:
Arsenal by miles, their fans think they're the harlem globe trotters. If I wanted to spend all my spare time watching a ball being passed sideways, then I'd follow rugby. Arsenal think they have a God given right to be in the top 3, but they haven't won anything for years. Their fans are completely infected with a snobbery that makes them think they are better than everybody.

Good shout that mate.

For all their talk about attractive football, the only player who could do the ugly side of the game for them was Vieira. He left five five (or six?) years ago, and for all the talented players they've had since, they haven't turned their flair into medals.

Irlamblue said:
newenglandblue said:
First time caller so please bare with me

Deluded? That has to be us, but only because of what we have been through.
I have followed city for 30 years and the 2 best players i have seen are , Cantona and most of all Scholes. that is really difficult to understand for a proud blue, but you have to recognise good football
Now is a time where we need to be humble - i could never envisage a Gareth Barry ever playing for us yet a read posts that he is crap!
City are now good(soon to be great) - it is how we deal with that which will shape our club ,not the riches, in the same way that how we dealt with how we were shit - unlike the newcastles and leeeds.
We were decent on against Liverpool, but the game against Spurs says how far we have come. Getting a result there is harder than beating a mediocre team at home.
As for the Given thing, good keeper, better than anyone in the league bar Reina and Hart, Tough for him but we should do the right thing and try anf keep him.

cantona........ are you avin a laugh...

most over-rated player ever...what did he evr do on the world stage...

ahem.....Johan Cruyff, George Best, Ferenc Puskás, Eusébio....the world stage is overated.

mcfcliam said:
newenglandblue said:
First time caller so please bare with me

Deluded? That has to be us, but only because of what we have been through.
I have followed city for 30 years and the 2 best players i have seen are , Cantona and most of all Scholes. that is really difficult to understand for a proud blue, but you have to recognise good football
Now is a time where we need to be humble - i could never envisage a Gareth Barry ever playing for us yet a read posts that he is crap!
City are now good(soon to be great) - it is how we deal with that which will shape our club ,not the riches, in the same way that how we dealt with how we were shit - unlike the newcastles and leeeds.
We were decent on against Liverpool, but the game against Spurs says how far we have come. Getting a result there is harder than beating a mediocre team at home.
As for the Given thing, good keeper, better than anyone in the league bar Reina and Hart, Tough for him but we should do the right thing and try anf keep him.

hahahahahahaha

Bye gloryhunter.

Glory hunter?
no mate
been around too long for that
Just happy we are good now, but wint forget what it is like not to be

Irlamblue said:

ahem.....Johan Cruyff, George Best, Ferenc Puskás, Eusébio....the world stage is overated.

i agree... george best was overated...........

sorry... cruyff was amazing

Irlamblue said:

i agree... george best was overated...........

sorry... cruyff was amazing

And when said seen meant in the flesh either at Maine Road, Eastlands or City away. Not seen anyone better in that criteria

King Geedorah said:
As much as United are deluded about them being the golden boys of English football, their "support" and all that mumbo jumbo, I don't think they can be called deluded about their level of success or how good they are. Unless of course we're talking Europe relative to their domestic success.

In short, Liverpool because they both talk the exact same game just United have more to back it up.

They do for the time being, alright, but the fact that they've been under investing for two seasons already will catch up with them fast. And you can't win anything with pensioners.

Irlamblue said:

Ammm you've named 2 world cup finalists, a world cup golden boot winner and a drunk?

mike1923 said:
Arsenal by miles, their fans think they're the harlem globe trotters. If I wanted to spend all my spare time watching a ball being passed sideways, then I'd follow rugby. Arsenal think they have a God given right to be in the top 3, but they haven't won anything for years. Their fans are completely infected with a snobbery that makes them think they are better than everybody.

Good shout that mate.

For all their talk about attractive football, the only player who could do the ugly side of the game for them was Vieira. He left five five (or six?) years ago, and for all the talented players they've had since, they haven't turned their flair into medals.

I tell you what, a couple of seasons back when they played in the semi-final of the champs league at the emirates, all the London based media were going into overdrive, bigging up the Arse like fabregas and co were going to conduct an orchestra and dance them into the final. The other team didn't need to bother turning up. The smuggness and snobbery was at fever pitch. They were summat like 3-0 down in the first 30 mins, and the gasps on the faces in the stands was like they'd just soiled themselves. Eventhough it was the rags, a little part of me wanted to hold a mirror upto their stupid cockney faces. Nothing worse than deluded snobbery.

mike1923 said:

Good shout that mate.

Denial is the Gooner's default position these days.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 am --<br /><br />
Guy_Fawkes2010 said:
All I can say is .........

Click Here Tick Tock Tick Tock !

Not long to wait now.....they are all deluded ...simples !!

I like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.