Which striker was worst value for money?

Taking into account wages, age, length of contract and likely resale value, Bellamy is our worst signing by far.

Fowler.Keegan's folly.

Never wanted to come,cost us £7m we didn't really have,a brilliant chairman and effectively finished the Goat's City career a season early.
We also gave him away for free....

The only thing that stopped him being an unmitigated disaster were his goals against the rags.

my choice too...
RobbieBrewer said:
Fowler.Keegan's folly.

Never wanted to come,cost us £7m we didn't really have,a brilliant chairman and effectively finished the Goat's City career a season early.
We also gave him away for free....

The only thing that stopped him being an unmitigated disaster were his goals against the rags.

mcfc78 said:
FOWLER ? 6 MILL
SAMARAS ? 6 MILL
BRADBURY ? 3 MILL
BIANCHI ? 8.5 MILL
BOJINOV ? 6 MILL,, STILL TIME TO PROVE
BELLAMY ? 14 MILL, STILL TIME TO PROVE
VASSELL ? 2.5 MILL
WANCHOPE? 4 MILL

even at £2.5m vassell was a waste of money,samaras looked great early on,but never worth £6m.Will never forget bianchi's miss against blackburn either.But when we signed Fowler i was really pleased(even sent my spurs mate a txt confidently predicting that with fowler & Nico up front european football was nailed on).fowler didn't want to come ,and in hindsight i wish he hadn't.Keegan looked a right prick by going to his house etc,so Fowler wins by a mile !!

At least Fowler played some good games (the Derby) and had half a season under Pearce when he played some decent stuff (that and Leeds were paying half his wages), however, Badbuy never had a good game, had the grace and movement of bambi on ice, just didnt look like a footballer in anyway.

Vuoso might have been worse but we never saw him play

bluemoonmatt said:
Vuoso, have to agree with general consensus here, though out of the list Bradbury was worst. It was an incredible amount of money to shell out at the time and in the position we were in. Why is it Portsmouth always manage to offload their duds to us.
And Liverpool. McMahon, Fowler, McManaman!!! Suppose Hamann is passable...just.

Sorry, Fowler came from Leeds?

Adidas Barry Silkman said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Vuoso, have to agree with general consensus here, though out of the list Bradbury was worst. It was an incredible amount of money to shell out at the time and in the position we were in. Why is it Portsmouth always manage to offload their duds to us.
And Liverpool. McMahon, Fowler, McManaman!!! Suppose Hamann is passable...just.

Sorry, Fowler came from Leeds?

Oh dear.

FOWLER ? 6 MILL
SAMARAS ? 6 MILL
BRADBURY ? 3 MILL
BIANCHI ? 8.5 MILL
BOJINOV ? 6 MILL,, STILL TIME TO PROVE
BELLAMY ? 14 MILL, STILL TIME TO PROVE
VASSELL ? 2.5 MILL
WANCHOPE? 4 MILL

Harsh to put Vass or Wanchope on that list, they both made vital contributions to the club even if they didnt set the world on fire. I would have to go with Fowler, HUGE mistake that one.

all you guys saying vuoso he was only 3.5m so for me jo takes the biscuit. i know no1 probaly gives a fuck but vuoso is actually in mexicna league now LOL he must have been shit

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
At least Fowler played some good games (the Derby) and had half a season under Pearce when he played some decent stuff (that and Leeds were paying half his wages), however, Badbuy never had a good game, had the grace and movement of bambi on ice, just didnt look like a footballer in anyway.

Vuoso might have been worse but we never saw him play
I did and he was absolute shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.