Whining about Mark Hughes thread.

Pam

No matter what happens by the end of the season, I am still convinced we need to bring in a proven world class manager. Villa's agent has been putting it about that were he to be sold at the end of the season, he would consider City as long as we are serious about competing at the very top and as long as we can attract enough world class players to challenge for honours sooner rather than later. I can't help thinking that the likes of Morinhio would make a far more convincing case in this respect than Hughes. It was the same with Ranieri and Chelsea. Abromovich and Kendall sacked him not because his record was poor but because they didn't think he would be able to attract the world's very best in such a short space of time. In other words, Chelski were in a hurry to become the best and for that they needed someone with the profile and ego of Mourinhio.

Does anybody else think that these factors need to be taken into consideration when it comes to the great Mark Hughes debate?

Mourinho didn't become a world-respected manager just because of his personality. He had to win cups to become noticed by fans and the media alike. He was practically a nobody before he won the CL with Porto.

Hughes needs time to build his own squad and challenge for honours with us like Mourinho did with Porto. We need to let him build his reputation, as he has never really had a chance with Wales and Blackburn before us. He's done brilliantly in the UEFA cup this season and I'm sure the current run of form will continue to the end of the season and beyond. The players will come to us soon enough if we keep improving like we have this year.

Give the man a break FFS!

Why should I give the man in chance? He isn't important but City are.

Pam said:
Why should I give the man in chance? He isn't important but City are.
Because he's our manager and he's building a great team. Every world class manager made his name at a club and Hughes can do that at city.

Not saying he's bigger than the club at all Pam, I'm just wondering how many other managers would put up with all the crap he's had to deal with since taking over. He's got the entire media and half the fans baying for his blood and agents trying to wring as much money out of the club as they can in order to sell us players who don't want to be here (a lá Kaka and David Villa). He just needs to be given a chance to do what our owners obviously know he can!

What's the point in changing the manager when he's doing a good job! All our best players this season apart from Ireland have been Hughes signings, you've got to remember this team was a mess at the end of last season and now we're just a few games away from a UEFA Cup final and playing some great football.
Another 3/4 signings in the summer and I'm convinced will be challenging for a Champions League spot next season.

PoolHustler said:
What's the point in changing the manager when he's doing a good job! All our best players this season apart from Ireland have been Hughes signings, you've got to remember this team was a mess at the end of last season and now we're just a few games away from a UEFA Cup final and playing some great football.
Another 3/4 signings in the summer and I'm convinced will be challenging for a Champions League spot next season.

Totally agree with this. Daft to replace Hughes when he's putting it together; and the poster who said Jose only became the special one AFTER his success with Porto is right; he was unknown before, more so than Hughes (who is, let's face it, pretty well known in football for his playing exploits at a few of Europe's top clubs not so many years ago). Hughes has every chance of doing the same thing as Jose, and top players WILL come.

It can be done within three seasons, given the right manager. We are absolutely minted and no other bugger is. It totally stands to reason that we're likely to be able to compete with the very best of them sooner rather than later. And even as things stand now, we haven't got a lot of competition from the continent.

Do-able, do-able, do-able

Pam said:
It can be done within three seasons, given the right manager. We are absolutely minted and no other bugger is. It totally stands to reason that we're likely to be able to compete with the very best of them sooner rather than later. And even as things stand now, we haven't got a lot of competition from the continent.

Do-able, do-able, do-able

We can hit the top 7 and might win our first cup for over 30 years, surely a huge step towards starting to challenge for the top honours?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.