Whining about Mark Hughes thread.

Bluemoon115 said:
Cheesy said:
Bluebeer said:
Cheesy said:
I'm no impatient. I just expected to see more progress than we have.

sorry fella but what would you normally expect from 9 new signings, a new manager and a new level expectations in the first season incidentally??

We were in exactly the same scenario at the beginning of last season & finished 9th with 55 points. With £80 million of talent added to that squad I would have expected more progress to be made than has been.

But we did seem to get found out very quickley last season, and after a good run at the begining of the season, we needed new ideas, but Sven stuck with the same syatem week in week out, and the second half of last season was so frustrating.

Now many factors may will have contributed to this, but he was still being paid (a rather large amount), so should have done something to boost the playerrs.

Just my opinion, but I think we would have gone backwards this season under Sven.

Still love the guy though, and would give him a big hug if I ever saw him ;-P

I agree totally with you. I wouldn't want Sven back after what went on, however I do believe that what happened in the latter half of last season was because he & all the players knew he was gone (thanks Thaksin). It's not an excuse for what happened by any means but I think it is the reason.

blueju said:
True Moomba but im not trying to convince anyone what im saying is gospel. I just believe you are happy for us to tread the same shite ,embarrassing path we have been treading since the 80's with Swales.

Whether Hughes stays or goes, our path will be completely different to the one we took in the past. There has been many, many reasons for our lack of success in the past, instability in management is just one very minor one.

Another reason has been hiring the wrong people in the first place, and I am more than happy sticking with a manager through the tough times provided he is the right manager for us, in the position and circumstances we find ourselves in at the time.

Since the Swales' era... what manager did we sack that we should have stuck with... eh?

Sacking managers is not the problem... it's picking the right one we have the difficulties with!

I think fans who are still not pro Hughes are justified with their grievances.
Ok we lost to Chelsea today & I think most fans would accept that we would loose today.

However I still think that with only weeks remaining of the season & after the millions of pounds we have spent it is a poor return that we are only 6 points above the relegation zone & we have only achieved 1 away win all season. We have also lost more games than Newcastle and Blackburn, simply not good enough.

I'm not advocating Hughes' departure just because we have lost just an overall summary of where we are in terms of the league & pointing out that we should be seeing better.

When I first started posting on here Pam used to be 'stable'. Now she just moans like a spoilt child.

I guess that's what money does to some people.

Cheesy said:
TFC said:
I honestly believe she started this thread because she was feeling argumentative and fancied a barney.

This thread will rumble on and on....shame on you Pam...

;) ;) ;P

You may be right :-)

What I really don't understand is the vitriol those of us who doubt MH receive from other fans. All we are doing is questioning his ability as manager on a bloody message board. If we keep that here rather than at the ground is that not OK?

We all have different opinions & I have no problem debating the merits of the manager with anyone who is at least willing to argue their points in a constructive manner. So, I think the accusations of us only being concerned about his past (when it doesn't get mentioned), that we're expecting too much (when all I've seen is people expecting progress), and that we're not proper Blues are, frankly, well out of order & if that's all people can come up with then it shows a weakness in their argument.

Well said Cheesy, the facts do not lie, we haven't won away (in the league) since august, and almost every time we go a goal behind we lose, so my question about Hughes and his backroom staff (and especially to those who think he is the Messiah), is what is being done to sort those two FACTS out ? On today's evidence I would suggest not a whole lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.