White heterosexual male wins discrimination case.

Quite honestly, your posts show how increasingly short sighted you are as a person.

There's definitely some hidden agenda you have going on, cos it lingers in almost every post.

There might more of a demographic leaning towards a race or another, but there should have been more effort to 'harmonise' the force earlier. But, you wouldn't understand what that means. You integrate more of the opposing dynamic so that people accept that actually, Humans are Humans rather than see the same shade reflected around you.

That change happened in earnest(and consent) 70 years ago and its only relatively recently the police are starting to understand that.

They should have gotten the police working as one, rather than the 'them and us' situation that happened, quite notoriously, within it.

It's the sheer will of ignorance of not knowing the history of BAME and the police that made me respond to you and I'll keep myself in check for the next time.

Harmonise the force?

If i ring the police its because i need their help and not 2 fucks could i give who they send be it black, white, straight, gay......not 2 fucks.

I only expect that the officer sent is in the job for the right reasons and is the best they can possibly be, able to help me and not someone planted to help with some ridiculous diversity target so that a force can shout out how wonderfully diverse and inclusive they are.

Can i add that anyone whose first thought is to look at the colour of skin of the officer or culture is the one with the issues!

World is going fucking mad.

Discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, culture, sexuality and age is wrong regardless!

Absolutely great news.

I work in recruitment and white heterosexual males are discriminated against all the time when companies need to fill quotas.
I have yet to fill out a form for employment where I have been asked my sexuality - yes it is obvious what my skin colour, is but my sexuality is not obvious. (expects some comments to follow lol)

I along with most on this thread are white and male and have no clue what it's like to be an ethnic minority.
I have yet to fill out a form for employment where I have been asked my sexuality - yes it is obvious what my skin colour, is but my sexuality is not obvious. (expects some comments to follow lol)
The last three or forms I've filled in fow my work questionnaires or job applications have asked for my sexual orientation.

The last three or forms I've filled in fow my work questionnaires or job applications have asked for my sexual orientation.

In my previous career in HR and my current career in the public sector, you will find that in most instances such questions are asked purely for monitoring purposes. Often, the equalities monitoring form is separated from the application before the potential candidates are selected.

In my previous career in HR and my current career in the public sector, you will find that in most instances such questions are asked purely for monitoring purposes. Often, the equalities monitoring form is separated from the application before the potential candidates are selected.
Why are they monitoring it though?

I have yet to fill out a form for employment where I have been asked my sexuality - yes it is obvious what my skin colour, is but my sexuality is not obvious.
giphy.gif

Harmonise the force?

If i ring the police its because i need their help and not 2 fucks could i give who they send be it black, white, straight, gay......not 2 fucks.

I only expect that the officer sent is in the job for the right reasons and is the best they can possibly be, able to help me and not someone planted to help with some ridiculous diversity target so that a force can shout out how wonderfully diverse and inclusive they are.

Can i add that anyone whose first thought is to look at the colour of skin of the officer or culture is the one with the issues!

World is going fucking mad.

Discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, culture, sexuality and age is wrong regardless!

You've not absorbed any thread of the conversation.

People are saying give it to best applicant. I’ve seen managers recruit some right plebs, that they thought were the best applicant but weren’t. I do believe unconscious bias happens all the time with inexperienced managers.

I’ve seen team managers hire little versions of themselves. Homosexuals predominantly hire other homosexuals, and a vegan hire another vegan.

People discriminate all the time weather they know it or not. The one I see all the time is guys hiring young fit girls. I guarantee after I’ve done an interview with a female the first thing I’ll get asked of the lads in the office is “was is she fit?” Or if she was fit and they caught a climpse, I’ll get told “you’ve got to hire her”.

Why are they monitoring it though?

Variety of reasons.

This explains Ealing Council's approach:

https://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/201013/jobs/29/working_for_ealing_council/4

Public authorities, including council and the NHS also have certain duties listed in the Equality Act 2010. Although I don't have enough knowledge of the Act to comment.

Councils are political organisations and are therefore sensitive to anything that could seemingly damage their reputation. They are therefore mindful of having a workforce that is broadly representative of the local area or at least receiving applications across the organisation from a set of individuals who are representative of the community.

The last three or forms I've filled in fow my work questionnaires or job applications have asked for my sexual orientation.[/QUOTE]
Yes I have completed that type of form, anonymous and separate from other forms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.