Who’s gone in the summer?

To be honest, I don’t really notice him when watching Brighton. Top players generally stick out when playing in mediocre sides. Take Mane at Southampton or Tevez at West Ham for example. I’ll never understand why we didn’t pursue Mane. If the recruitment staff can’t spot an obvious talent like that, playing in this league, we’ve got serious problems.

The CDM position is going to be the most difficult to fill. I don’t really see anyone out there that I feel is destined to reach the levels of Fernandinho. It’s the one position that we may need to take a chance on someone. Strengthening the front three is arguably much more important though.
Easier for forwards like Mane and Tevez to stand out tbf

Just out of interest who would that be besides Luiz?
Without having to look up all their names the most prominent we bought without work permits were
Gabriel Jesus. Had to stay with his club as he had no work permit at the time. Was lucky enough to get it as Brazil played a load of internationals in a short period of time.

Zac Steffen Had to go on loan until this season until he built up the required points.

Marlos Moreno Went on several loans and is still on one. If he had been able to come to City when he was bought might be a totally different situation with him

Enes Unal. Again similar to Moreno. Several loan spells in which I believe he did fairly well.

To be honest, I don’t really notice him when watching Brighton.
Strange how we all see things differently.I think he's by far their best performer,he does the simple things so well and covers the ground brilliantly,technically he's also very proficient.

I am very confident he'll soon be playing in a top 4 side.

Easier for forwards like Mane and Tevez to stand out tbf
That’s certainly true, but it’s not impossible for a midfielder to stand out. I liked Idrissa Gueye at Everton, but he was touching 30. Kante stuck out at Leicester. Again, I have no idea why we weren’t interested. Maybe if he was playing for Shakhtar Donetsk or a Portuguese side...

That’s certainly true, but it’s not impossible for a midfielder to stand out. I liked Idrissa Gueye at Everton, but he was touching 30. Kante stuck out at Leicester. Again, I have no idea why we weren’t interested. Maybe if he was playing for Shakhtar Donetsk or a Portuguese side...
Who do you think is standing out now to replace Fernandiho ?

And Douglas Luiz and Jack Harrison would cost 50m plus for players that we had bought in the 1st place.
Not sure what the buyback is on Luiz but I think someone mentioned it was 30m.
I'm guessing Leeds would value Harrison at more than 45m and if they were selling they'd sell to the highest bidder.
That loan we have with Leeds with obligation to buy does not look to have been the best or maybe we didn't think Harrison would turn out as good as he has.
We still have Harrison on our books but i think we are obligated to sell for about £10-15 million which is a steal for them .

For attacking players we could raid Barcelona.
This summer all 3 of Ansu Fati, Dembele and Pedri will have only 1 year left on their contracts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.