Who’s your favourite City manager ever?

I think Pep will be very soon but Bobby Manc set us on this journey and raised everything to a completely new level. Winning the FA Cup and then the League was just incredible. While the football we play now is dominating we were similar at home for the first full seasons under Bobby and the charming Manuel who also was a 'Champion' Manager and added a couple of League Cups too. Joe Mercer was Boss when I started supporting City but I was only 7 so didn't fully appreciate it. I enjoyed the Tony Book years and Joe Royle brought back some pride and belief when all seemed lost. The football under KK in Div 1 was sublime and he enjoyed us too. So as it stands Roberto Mancini..... but only just from Pep !! (to be reviewed in 2020 !!)

Last edited:
Billy McNeill was a great manager and sadly swales would not back him with the great youth side we had so went to villa, but they talk about fergie and the class of 1992 billy would have been the first and to have 5 or 6 youth players that would have walked into the great liverpool teams that say's it all about what could have happened

Even though the 8-1 defeat against Boro was one of the worst I’ve seen, I quite liked Sven.

We played some lovely football during the first half of the 2007-08 season. Elano, Petrov, Corluka, Micah and Ireland were particularly impressive at times.

Best 8
Big Joe
Pep
Mancini
Pellegrini
Horton
Keegan
Machin
John Bond

Worst 6
Ball
Pearce
Hughes
Phil Neil
Steve Coppell
Franke Clarke

Pep. First time we can actually believe we are the best team in the land, and all the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.