Who’s your favourite City manager ever?

Just loved the rapport Bobby Manc had with the fans.

He changed the team from a decent top half side to winners. We won the first trophies i'd ever seen City win after following them for 22 years (didn't know what success was like before Bobby). He is a hero to me for that and ripping that 35 years banner down and also for the incredible league season we had to beat the Rags to the title. I'll always love Bobby!

Pep is showing us some of the greatest football any football fan has ever seen ever in the history of the sport in any league. I completely appreciate what he's doing for us and i think we will do something special this season with him again. But i don't quite feel he's one of us like Bobby was... and that's no slight on him, why would he be one of us just because he works for the club? Tell you what though, if he signs a further extension to his contract in the next few years i think he may takeover Mancini because i think he will have had the club ingrained in him then with wanting to stay even longer.

I loved the two Maine Road years with Keegan, he also got us as a fanbase.

Really liked Joe Royle and the two promotion seasons were brilliant with him.

Keegan and Royle; both of their first two years, it was as good to be a City fan then as it is now. And we had the best fans in the country back then n'all. They were brilliant years! Don't care if three of the four years were with one in the third tier and two in the second tier. They were fucking top seasons!

Bobby M and Pep for me. Both changed the club forever, both brought success and both are genuine, great people. Mancini giving Fergie some of his own on the touch line was inspired and about time. The huge grin on Mancinis face in his dugout when we thumped them 6-1. Tearing that banner down! The togetherness the team, the club had at the time, the Poznań, the mentality. My first FA CUP final and ultimately winning it. They are memory’s I hold dear. Pep is obviously taking us on his own ride and so far it’s epic. Beyond anything I imagined. I can’t separate the two managers though, both have the same place in my heart, my club, our city. CTID

Fantastic post and this sums it up for me.

Pep is unquestionably the best manager.

But Mancini loved us back. I think he understood the fans and had an affection for us that no other manager did in the same way.

He would defend the fans and the club. Giving it to Ferguson on the touchline was something we all loved him for and no other manager would have done.

Pep seems to have the attitude that City are a smaller club than United, Liverpool, whoever, so we should respect them and hope one day to be as successful as them.

Mancini had the attitude that we might be the underdog, but we’re just as worthy as any of the other teams, and we’re here to “knock them off their fucking perch”.

I think Mancini’s attitude on this is more in line with a City fan’s mentality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.