Who ACTUALLY Wants Cahill ?

No thanks. Our chairman said we're buying players for quality and not quantity now and I don't think Cahill with improve our squad. I don't think we need another centre back really cos we've got Kompany, Lescott, Boyata, Toure, Boateng and even Richards can play there!

Smoothy B. said:
Bolton employed similar tactics when they wanted to offload Micheal Ricketts. They spoke about what a great player he was, how they wouldnt sell him unless they got a massive bid etc etc.

I would say, surely premier league clubs don't fall for that considering they have professional scouts. But then I get the feeling Sunderland have done the same with Henderson and Liverpool have fallen for it.

Unfortunately Phil Jones is going to the rags for £16 million.

If we want to take a chance on another english defender he was the one to go for.

Cahill is and always has been a midtable quality player. Hes never going to be a regular international and defeinately not champions league quality.

I really hope we dont sign him would be a backwards transfer as hes not as good as any of our current first choice centre halves there is a strong argument hes not as good as the likes of Nedum or Boyata either. This being the case why sign him ? Keep Boatang hes certainly going to be a better player than Cahill.

Jones was the standard we should of been going for in a young defender Cahill is leagues behind. Bit worried if he's the calibre we are looking at.

The fact that Boyata is being linked to the deal leads me to believe we are not in for Cahill. I certainly hope we are not, and as said, Cahill is not an improvement on what we already have.

If we wanted a young English defender we should have gone for Phil Jones from what I've seen he does look quality, wouldn't touch Cahill a Villa reject with a bargepole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.