Who are the fittest sportsmen?

I seem to remember that years ago there was a programme on TV where different sportsmen competed against each other in general fitness challenges. What I remember most is that every time an F1 driver appeared on the show they won.

Superstars.

There's quite a few of the older episodes on YouTube. Surprisingly the modern episodes seem to be rare.

Love digging out old shows like this.

I seem to remember that years ago there was a programme on TV where different sportsmen competed against each other in general fitness challenges. What I remember most is that every time an F1 driver appeared on the show they won.

Low body weight, low body fat, good cardio fitness, good pound for pound strength. If you don't live the life as an F1 driver it will probably cost you more than your job.

Superstars.

There's quite a few of the older episodes on YouTube. Surprisingly the modern episodes seem to be rare.

Love digging out old shows like this.

Seem to remember back in the day Brian Jacks defeating all comers? I think he was basically just a really fit old school PE teacher - probably a crossfitter in todays money.

Seem to remember back in the day Brian Jacks defeating all comers? I think he was basically just a really fit old school PE teacher - probably a crossfitter in todays money.
Jack's was a judo Olympic medal winner back in the day when British athletes were amateur

Cyclists who compete in the Tour de France have unbelievable stamina and power. It's a shame that the drugs issue has clouded this.

Took a few half famous boxers up saddleworth moor for a gentle run...not worth two bob

Mittlemen once said when you can do 100mile a day for ten days at 5 min miles straight through then youre in the club.

The original question was pertaining to fitness...which is measured by heartbeat returning to rest....if you tweak that and ask about physically demanding then the dynamics of motocross racing are right up there.

Ironman is 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run.... I’d like to see a boxer do that!!

I'd like to see how far a triathlete would go in a boxing fight.

Its all horses for courses. Some things are all stamina and cardio - others require a mix of very different things

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.