Who are the fittest sportsmen?

Pro cyclists, to ride a tour with 5 or more hours in the saddle day after day is incredible. The doping makes them unpopular but I'd argue doping is active in a lot of sports s including those mentioned in this thread.

It's a tough one to call. Any sport that relies on cardio fitness and one muscle group has to be discounted. Running/football for example. Boxing has to be up there in terms of the number of muscles it uses, most of us could run for a few minutes, but try boxing whilst running on the spot and you're soon burnt out. Plus you need to get the balance of speed/strength/stamina. Tennis is incredible - 5 sets, 5hrs plus of high intensity running and hitting, which puts nearly every muscle under strain. That's got to be up there.

For all round fitness it has to be a Decathlete - speed, agility, strength and stamina.

Daley Thompson my all time hero.
Maybe a difference between skill, fitness, and athleticism? I always wonder if decathletes end up not doing a single event because they are great at everything, or just not outstanding at anything?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.