Who as been the biggest let down at City?

schfc6 said:
Tevez City said:
Balotelli.

Good call, We've had loads of players whom have been awarded MOM in an FA Cup final.
10 Goals in about 20 starts in his first season in a new league in a new county at the age of 20.

You're right what a let down.

I like the fact that Balo was on national TV at the end of the cup final saying he's had a shit season...... He knows it, now he needs to prove himself.

Much discussion over the wembley weekend about this one - I for one want to see him mature and rip up the chumps league next season (with us)

"ooooooh Balotelli, he wears a jumper, he rides a bike" (or so the pissed up song went (on and on and on and on)

though back to the question, biggest let down has to be, errrrrr, ummmm, errrrrrr steve coppell, alan ball and everything to do with that stupifying terrible period,

Balotelli, he just doesn't care.

Mario+Balotelli+Manchester+City+v+Stoke+City+dLrcLNvq0upl.jpg

It has to be one of the earlier signings when we were tight for cash because back then we couldn't 'trade' up, like we can now. Ok, Robinho turned out to be a big let down, but we got a good first season out of him and we were on to bigger and better things by the time he left.

There's a long list of disappointing attacking players, Corradi, Bianchi, Samaras come to mind.

In terms of wasted finances, Jo, RSC are the worst, that's a combined 36 mill for what?!

Nigel De Jong, how many appearances and only one goal? Pathetic!!!!

;)

I could say most from the late Keegan/Pearce era Mcmanaman, Fowler, Ball need I go on. But from the recent lot by a country mile .... Roque Santa Cruz. Joke at the highest order!!!

Definitely Samaras. Looked like Bambi when he came out with them enormous white boots on. After that, David James as a centre forward. How Pearce as survived that and became an England manager is a complete mystery to me. The look on Claudio Reiners face when he got subbed for James was classic.

I'd go with Dzeko, mostly because I watched him in the Bundesliga a lot with Wolfsburg, and in the Champions League, I was sure he'd need only a minimal adjustment period. I was shocked at how disengaged he looked much of the time he was on the pitch in a City shirt. Thankfully, I know what he's capable of, and I have every confidence he'll come good for City.

Behind him (in the non-Jô category, as I was very unimpressed with his YouTube clip, which basically consisted of him scoring on a bunch of breakaways against crappy goalkeepers), I'd say Milner. I know he's been forced to play out of his natural CAM position at City, but he really regressed from last season.

And then there's Kolarov. You'd think his weakness as a defender would've been exposed in the very technical Serie A. And you'd think he'd offer more quality going forward. At this point he's just a powerful left foot on set pieces.

And did I mention Boateng? He looked so good this summer for Germany, but has been flat-out awful for City -- even when he was fit. I'm inclined to give him another shot -- perhaps at LB next season, like where Germany deployed him.

And this might be nit-picking, but I'd like to see Yaya Touré not drift in and out of matches as much. When he's charging forward with the ball, it's one of my favorite sights on a football pitch.

Santa Cruz I think followed by adebayor because he really seems to put in work in Spain whereas for us he just walked around offside like a nob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.