Who as been the biggest let down at City?

Mike N said:
Fowler was a disgrace. Special fitness regime my arse!

He missed that penalty because he was fucked. He didnt get fit because he didnt give a shit about us. He looks in better shape now then when he was with us!

Twat of the highest order.

Having recently read Fowler's autobiography I have to state that I feel your comments are a bit harsh. Granted he didn't do himself many favours whilst with us but I think there were a few extenuating circumstances that saw to us not seeing the best of him in a City shirt, especially seeing as the team around him weren't exactly world beaters!

peoffrey said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
peoffrey said:
I've got higher esteem for him than I had for Sven, Pearce and Keegan. It's not fair on Hughes that City were taken over just months after he got the job. They'd inevitably want their own man.

And Sven had less than a week to put a team together once he had monies released to him before the season started....

Sven had been looking at players for a long time and only got the go ahead to sign them once the takeover had been ratified. We had a great start under him but the decline was shocking. I genuinely don't believe he had it in him to turn things around. I'd have kept Corluka only. Elano was class but doesn't want to play Club football.

He didnt even have the job when the players came back pre-season so exactly how long do you consider a "long time" ? If you recall the pre-season friendly that season(the one Silva scored in)most of the team had only been signed the day before....

peoffrey said:
Mike D said:
So what took them 18 months to realise something that we all knew after 6 months. We will never know why they let him buy more players and spend rakes more cash when in one season he took the club systematically backwards having lavished £150 mil on an entire team.

The damage that clown did annnouncing his departure over the tanoy after the game along with the Taffia and then handing them there P45's would have been more fitting.

Clubs that have had success have generally earned it by stability. Changing the Manager regularly doesn't work. Think how little City progressed when it was Clark, Neal, Coppell etc.

Hughes needed one full pre-season backed by Sheikh Mansour before they could decide whether his vision fitted theirs. 1 win in 12 made that decision. I still wholeheartedly believe that he did a great deal of good for this Club - although I'll concede he was never going to be good enough for the ambition we now have.

Had we handled the Hughes situation better then we'd never have received most of the poor publicity that we did. It was typical City again.

I couldn't give a flying f*ck about how we handled the situation why did we hand him a wodge of cash to prove what every man his dog and next doors cat knew. I firmly believe we put Hughes out of his misery after season one and brought in Mancini we would have played champions league football this season.

Mike D said:
peoffrey said:
Mike D said:
So what took them 18 months to realise something that we all knew after 6 months. We will never know why they let him buy more players and spend rakes more cash when in one season he took the club systematically backwards having lavished £150 mil on an entire team.

The damage that clown did annnouncing his departure over the tanoy after the game along with the Taffia and then handing them there P45's would have been more fitting.

Clubs that have had success have generally earned it by stability. Changing the Manager regularly doesn't work. Think how little City progressed when it was Clark, Neal, Coppell etc.

Hughes needed one full pre-season backed by Sheikh Mansour before they could decide whether his vision fitted theirs. 1 win in 12 made that decision. I still wholeheartedly believe that he did a great deal of good for this Club - although I'll concede he was never going to be good enough for the ambition we now have.

Had we handled the Hughes situation better then we'd never have received most of the poor publicity that we did. It was typical City again.

I couldn't give a flying f*ck about how we handled the situation why did we hand him a wodge of cash to prove what every man his dog and next doors cat knew. I firmly believe we put Hughes out of his misery after season one and brought in Mancini we would have played champions league football this season.

I agree with that view, but the only issue with Mancini was he couldn't wotk again until the end of October anyway.

Robinho scores 14 for City with a weaker supporting cast than we have now and he is a flop.

Robinho scores 14 for Ac Milan with a better supporting cast they win the league and he is hailed as a super signing.

I always say this and I will say it again, other players have to do their shift. If our players were like players at other teams where we get the same 14 from each striker and another 10 from each midfielder we would win the league. People expected Robinho to win us the league alone he is the reason Ireland, SWP and even Bellamy had blinders but everyone forgets. Ireland and SWP were playing samba football doing flicks and tricks now they cant even get into their teams.
Robinho was no flop.

Robinho was great to watch his first season, he did go missing on quite a lot of away days but in a proper team (like the one we have now) there would have been others to pick up the slack.

His second season - what second season? 10 games, injuries, then sent to Brazil on loan.

He may be a petulant little tosser at times and very inconsistent but Robbie served a good purpose for us and would have a great part to play in our current team. Only the media calls him a flop, he had one season and scored a goal every two games in the league.

Both Robinho and Elano (*ducks for cover*) would be very useful tools in Mancini's squad if they were professional. Elano has said himself things might have been different if he'd still been there when Mancini took over.

LoveCity said:
Both Robinho and Elano (*ducks for cover*) would be very useful tools in Mancini's squad if they were professional. Elano has said himself things might have been different if he'd still been there when Mancini took over.
I'd take them back if they were up for a cold night in November, but neither of them were. And when have Brazilians worked long-term in the Premier League?

SWP COME HOME!! said:
Mike N said:
Fowler was a disgrace. Special fitness regime my arse!

He missed that penalty because he was fucked. He didnt get fit because he didnt give a shit about us. He looks in better shape now then when he was with us!

Twat of the highest order.

Having recently read Fowler's autobiography I have to state that I feel your comments are a bit harsh. Granted he didn't do himself many favours whilst with us but I think there were a few extenuating circumstances that saw to us not seeing the best of him in a City shirt, especially seeing as the team around him weren't exactly world beaters!

I accept he didnt have a great team around him but he was FAT! How can a true pro turn up in that condition? He didnt care and his signing set us back as a club. I cant remember disliking a player in a blue shirt as much as I did Fowler.

I'll always remember that game against Boro. 10 minutes from time we got a corner and Fowler ran over to take it. My brother said to me 'he's completely fucked' and sure enough he was. When we got the penalty in the final secords my brother said Fowler cant take it, he's knackered'. The rest is history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.