Who as been the biggest let down at City?

scowy68 said:
whp.blue said:
Mark Hughes by a country mile wasted 2 seasons!

in a job that was clearly way too big for his limited capabilities

He did sign NDJ,Vinnie and Zabaleta for us though.For me the biggest let down has to be SWP,love this little fella,but he's gone so far back i's sad to see him struggling to beat full backs now,especially when you think of how he used to go past people with ease.I all looked so good when he came back the second ime and made his debut against Sunderland.

point taken but
who signed swp ? ( the return )
and I accept he signed a few players who despite hughes have gone on to be very good players for us . BUT this no way makes up for the bad signings and missed opportunities

Rodney Marsh.

And the worst of it was you could tell from his first game.

Watching now I reckon you can tell in their first match when it's not going to happen for new signings. I just get that sinking feeling when I see them play. My personal hates are McMinimum and Bradbury, more recently Kolarov.

And the main reason is.... they are too slow.

Jo and Santa Cruz didn't let me down because I knew they'd be poor.

No for me it is Adebayor. Plays very well for a bit (i.e. he puts some effort in) and then consistantly plays like a drain (zero effort). Always offside and just a total waste of potential. I agree 100% will Arsenal fans opinion of him.

Crocky without shadow of a doubt the biggest pile of £18 mil horse sh*t to have graced a city shirt.

whp.blue said:

I've got higher esteem for him than I had for Sven, Pearce and Keegan. It's not fair on Hughes that City were taken over just months after he got the job. They'd inevitably want their own man.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
clowns pockets said:
Steve Daley

Along with Lee Bradbury.

-- Mon May 30, 2011 9:24 am --

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Definitely Alan Ball.
I wish he was still alive,just so that I could celebrate him dying again.

That's a bit harsh.

Possibly mate,but if you can name a more clueless manager,(and god knows we have plenty to choose from),then I will streak around CoMS on the coldest day of winter and donate a tenner to the charity of your choice.

Wouldn't say Robinho, he was class and leading goalscorer in his first season...

For me it has to be Bianchi, I expected a lot and the only thing I remember about him is missing a sitter from a yard out at home...and the beginning of the snood craze.

peoffrey said:
whp.blue said:

I've got higher esteem for him than I had for Sven, Pearce and Keegan. It's not fair on Hughes that City were taken over just months after he got the job. They'd inevitably want their own man.

So what took them 18 months to realise something that we all knew after 6 months. We will never know why they let him buy more players and spend rakes more cash when in one season he took the club systematically backwards having lavished £150 mil on an entire team.

The damage that clown did annnouncing his departure over the tanoy after the game along with the Taffia and then handing them there P45's would have been more fitting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.