Who as been the biggest let down at City?

Mike D said:
So what took them 18 months to realise something that we all knew after 6 months. We will never know why they let him buy more players and spend rakes more cash when in one season he took the club systematically backwards having lavished £150 mil on an entire team.

The damage that clown did annnouncing his departure over the tanoy after the game along with the Taffia and then handing them there P45's would have been more fitting.

Clubs that have had success have generally earned it by stability. Changing the Manager regularly doesn't work. Think how little City progressed when it was Clark, Neal, Coppell etc.

Hughes needed one full pre-season backed by Sheikh Mansour before they could decide whether his vision fitted theirs. 1 win in 12 made that decision. I still wholeheartedly believe that he did a great deal of good for this Club - although I'll concede he was never going to be good enough for the ambition we now have.

Had we handled the Hughes situation better then we'd never have received most of the poor publicity that we did. It was typical City again.

Mcmanaman apart from his debut contributed as little as possible may as well of just played 10 players on the pitch, it was as if we just got someone from the stands to run around with a Mcmanaman shirt on.

He was a signpost, wasn't he? McPointalot.

Edit: Anyone mentioned Macken yet? Signed on the strength of one great goal against City!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Mcmanaman apart from his debut contributed as little as possible may as well of just played 10 players on the pitch, it was as if we just got someone from the stands to run around with a Mcmanaman shirt on.

Oh dear, i thought he was the missing piece of the puzzle at the time. Went and purchased an autographed photo as well... It's somewhere in the garage.

Jo was the Robinho signing of Fucksin era hahaha jesus, we've had quite a few.

peoffrey said:
whp.blue said:
Mark Hughes by a country mile wasted 2 seasons!

in a job that was clearly way too big for his limited capabilities

I've got higher esteem for him than I had for Sven, Pearce and Keegan. It's not fair on Hughes that City were taken over just months after he got the job. They'd inevitably want their own man.

I'm not sure that argument works for Hughes as he had more backing from the sheik than almost any other manager at any club I can remember open cheque book and he went for players like crocky FFS
he failed to get to grips with what every average city fan knew we were an unbalanced squad who lacked pace and creativity and a true goalscorer

Hughes and his hand picked backroom yes men failed miserably at every level he could not hack it and should have been ousted earlier and I still believe that the club took notice of the Hughes Inners on sites like this and that cost the club dearly
the Hughes outers are not free from blame as we should have been much more versiferace in our opposition

If all the fans had realised the truth earlier we would have got rid sooner and the club would be in an even better position now imho

peoffrey said:
whp.blue said:
Mark Hughes by a country mile wasted 2 seasons!

in a job that was clearly way too big for his limited capabilities

I've got higher esteem for him than I had for Sven, Pearce and Keegan. It's not fair on Hughes that City were taken over just months after he got the job. They'd inevitably want their own man.
And Sven had less than a week to put a team together once he had monies released to him before the season started....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.