Who couldnt go today?

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Corky said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
Jeeeez, a bit of snow and every bugger fills their pants, it was an inch of snow for gods sake, I saw numb heads walking to the ground in their trendy plimsoles which were wet through, no thought there of the conditions under foot.............................., but they went.
I can understand infirm, or people with disabilities maybe not going but dear me, able bodied not having the bottle to drive through a flurry of snow.....!!

The slightest hill and the back wheel drive cars block it up. Rochdale Road was jammed solid with 1hr plus waits.

I wish more people had not gone, would have got home quicker.

I made what turned out to be a wise decision to travel on the Supporters Club Coach rather than drive. Purely coincidental as I booked our seats 2 weeks ago so it was a big stroke of luck. Driving round the back streets after the match in those conditions musn't have been pleasant. Don't they send the gritters out in Manchester anymore ?

Rochdale Road was indeed an absolute nightmare (I thing the problem must have been at Blackley). Fortunately our Coach Driver managed to turn around and divert via Moston Lane otherwise we would have been stuck for a lot longer. Even then we didn't get home until 12.30 am and that's our normal time after an 8pm KO !!

Lightbowne Rd and Vic East next time it snows. The climb where lion pubs where was the problem, went on a right detour.

Corky said:
BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Corky said:
The slightest hill and the back wheel drive cars block it up. Rochdale Road was jammed solid with 1hr plus waits.

I wish more people had not gone, would have got home quicker.

I made what turned out to be a wise decision to travel on the Supporters Club Coach rather than drive. Purely coincidental as I booked our seats 2 weeks ago so it was a big stroke of luck. Driving round the back streets after the match in those conditions musn't have been pleasant. Don't they send the gritters out in Manchester anymore ?

Rochdale Road was indeed an absolute nightmare (I thing the problem must have been at Blackley). Fortunately our Coach Driver managed to turn around and divert via Moston Lane otherwise we would have been stuck for a lot longer. Even then we didn't get home until 12.30 am and that's our normal time after an 8pm KO !!

Lightbowne Rd and Vic East next time it snows. The climb where lion pubs where was the problem, went on a right detour.

TBH, when I take the car to the match I don't go near Rochdale Road anyway.
I've found the quickest route to the M60 is down Broadway and getting on it at the Boat & Horses. Less chance of heavy traffic.

billy_big_spuds said:
The fact I had a seizure, fell downstairs and fractured 3 vertebrae in my spine stopped me unfortunately. Sorry

Not good enough, mate. Tsk Tsk, halfway-fans, eh... I don't know

What a lot of tales of woe !

Good job we don't all support a team in Sweden / Finland / Iceland / Russia / etc ... or else all our home games would be empty.

Blue Theatre said:
What a lot of tales of woe !

Good job we don't all support a team in Sweden / Finland / Iceland / Russia / etc ... or else all our home games would be empty.

They don't play in the winter.

fully understand why people didn't go to this and left early.

i did neither but we nearly crashed and didn't make it all the way so i slept at my dads on the way back.

there was mayhem all the way home with people knocking into stuff/eachother.

i thought it was a great turnout considering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.