Who did you have on the back of your shirt as a kid

Only ever had one, it was Wiekens 4. I went through some old city kits the other day and saw it, I thought it was abit strange looking back. Maybe I was trying to be abit different, but I wasn't spoiled for choice I suppose.

I remember getting the Philips shirt about 85 or 86.
You had to pay extra to have the sponsor on it.
I didn't get the sponsor me old man say fuck that

Got my first kit in 1981....Right scruffy effort from Club shop with one collar longer than the other...

My mam sewed a woeful attempt - bless her - at a number 11 on it, so these days there would have been a "Reeves" on my back.
She did the same with the black and red Villa park semi one, with a number 5, but cutting out the letters for "Power" would have been too intricate for her fingers.
(Would have stood more chance if shed gone for the Gerald Stinstad (dirty old man) spelling of the name Paul "Paar")

I got my first City shirt from Donaldsons sports on Hyde Road. It was sky blue with white round neck and cuffs. My favourite player was David “Waggy” Wagstaffe a tricky winger who went to Wolves. My Mam sewed a number “11” on the back bless her but one of the “1”’s was not quite straight !
Looking at my grandson who’s 6 - and a fifth generation blue - it’s number 9 Haarland of course.
Thats going to be worse than your not straight 1 if its got a R in the middle :-)

When I was a kid, you just bought a generic light blue shirt and sewed the City badge on it. No names on shirts back then, and no squad numbers.
same for me
I used to be peter barnes or paul power when playing on the playground, so if the option had been available it would have been one of them

I had David White on an away that I was getting for my birthday. We'd bumped into him Llandudno the earlier summer where my family had been having a caravan holiday (I assume he could afford a hotel, but I don't think players have their summer hols in Llandudno these days), and he'd signed the cast of my broken arm. He was sold before my birthday, though, which took the excitement off a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.