Who do we want in the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Capital one Cup Final who do you want united or sunderland ?

comeonfeedthegoat said:
cant understand why anyone would want united. that means you'd like to see them win for a start, then they're a stronger team than sunderland despite our record at the SOL. Agree that beating them in final would be sweeter but surely we should all be wanting them to lose next week?
ALso i live with a sunderland fan which means cheaper petrol/hotel ;-)

Sunderland definitely. Why would any City fan want the Rags to get to another final ?. all the hype would be about them - not who they are playing.
It would be hard but I could accept a defeat from the Mackems not those Rag b*stards
I will make a prediction - next week -Rags 2 Mackems 2.

I'd prefer to play the rags. The Capital One cup is probably the least highly regarded trophy that we are in for but an all Manchester final would make it a much more special and memorable occasion. That and the fact that our results against Sunderland haven't exactly been great in recent years.

Has to be Sunderland for me. It would be good to stuff the red shite at Wembley but I don't want them to see them pull it back against Sunderland, and if we did have an off day, like FA cup last year, it would be easier to take losing to Sunderland than utd. Plus if they get to a final it would take the edge off them having a shit season

Sunderland.

I don't want the rags to get to a final. I want them to be out of every competition.

United… the victory would be all the sweeter.. more prestige on the world stage for us.. better day out…

I want more memories I can bank for my old age… the semi game against United will always rank up there for me. More even than the FA Cup final victory.

If we can manage to beat a hopeful, still residually arrogant in some way, United team and fans, who will be desperate all of a sudden for their Mickey Mouse cup they once discarded.

I'll go for the possibility of that.

Ducado said:
I know we are 6-0 up, but it's only half time, yes I know in all probability West Ham are not going to come back but until the final whistle of the 21st we are not in the final

Why arn't you confident ? What are you afraid of ?

:):):)

Since getting to the final will mean automatic qualification into the Europa cup I'd rather see Sunderland - how funny would it be to see the rags not even getting into the Thursday cup!

NZBlue said:
Since getting to the final will mean automatic qualification into the Europa cup I'd rather see Sunderland - how funny would it be to see the rags not even getting into the Thursday cup!
It had occurred to me that we could end up helping utd into Europe by winning the double and therefore allowing an extra league place into the UEFA cup. How bad would that be

NZBlue said:
It doesn't though, only the FA Cup runners up get the UEFA place if the winner already qualifies for europe. In the Capital One, if the winners qualify for europe, then the Europa League slot goes to the next place in the league, not the runners up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.