Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

The mere fact that you think not having won any trophies precludes a coach from being great, ignorantly sidestepping the CL final they reached or the progressive improvement of Liverpool during his 3 1/2 seasons, or the fact that no one has beaten Pep more than Klopp or perhaps that he hasn't actually been coaching in England for 4 years yet?

Hate Liverpool for any variety of reasons but don't spin it that they are not a great team or that Klopp isn't largely responsible for it

How the hell can they be a "great" team if they've not won anything? City won the league with 100 points plus a cup and people were lining up to say that didn't make them a great team.

How the hell can they be a "great" team if they've not won anything? City won the league with 100 points plus a cup and people were lining up to say that didn't make them a great team.

City were great in Pep's first year and won zero, what's the point? Ten Hag looks a great coach and has won nothing. Bielsa has won little yet who did Pep spend hours gaining advice from on coaching?

By the metric of 'trophies', Mou would still be coaching

City were great in Pep's first year and won zero, what's the point? Ten Hag looks a great coach and has won nothing. Bielsa has won little yet who did Pep spend hours gaining advice from on coaching?

By the metric of 'trophies', Mou would still be coaching

No, you said not to spin it that Liverpool aren't a great team. No one said City were a great team in Guardiola's first year, why are Liverpool getting that from you?

The answer can only be United.

There is a rivalry with Liverpool that wouldn't exist if they were shite. Their fans are insufferable but United are far worse and arw only more tolerable because they don't challenge us. When we had decades without success they were fucking vermin and still share the sense of entitlement that Liverpool fans have.

I would say however, that some United fans, from Manchester speak a lot of sense where those kind of Liverpool fans just do not exist.

Hate the rags more but if Liverpool and the rags were going for the title on the last day of the season (and we weren't near), I'd want the rags to win it. At least we wouldn't have to listen to them going on about it forever.

No, you said not to spin it that Liverpool aren't a great team. No one said City were a great team in Guardiola's first year, why are Liverpool getting that from you?

Yeah, it's just me that is claiming Liverpool are great. They finished 4th last season and were still great and certainly greater than the side that finished 2nd - no trophies to support it, merely objectively assessing it

Yeah, it's just me that is claiming Liverpool are great. They finished 4th last season and were still great and certainly greater than the side that finished 2nd - no trophies to support it, merely objectively assessing it

You set the bar for great pretty low then!

But fair enough, if that's your view.

You set the bar for great pretty low then!

But fair enough, if that's your view.

Problem is really for those who use statistics & trophies rather than their own eyes. Messi hasn't won a Ballon D'Or since 2015 but no one can convince me he isn't the greatest player or hasn't been performing better than the rest in that time.

Pep's 1st year at City also showed a great team and how great he was as a manager to get them playing the way they did - they simply were not the finished article yet

If a neutral is queried as to which teams to avoid in an encounter or which coach they would like to have as an alternative, guaranteed Liverpool & Klopp (along with Pep & City, of course) will be in that conversation more than most

The mere fact that you think not having won any trophies precludes a coach from being great, ignorantly sidestepping the CL final they reached or the progressive improvement of Liverpool during his 3 1/2 seasons, or the fact that no one has beaten Pep more than Klopp or perhaps that he hasn't actually been coaching in England for 4 years yet?

Hate Liverpool for any variety of reasons but don't spin it that they are not a great team or that Klopp isn't largely responsible for it
I cant stand Liverpool these day but I concede Klopp has done a very good job there, after the sale of Coutinho he has built a very good team, as he did at Dortmund. The guy knows what he is doing.
Its not the manager or players I cant stand... its the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.