Who do you want to take a penalty

Yaya was deffo our best and mad Mario was pretty good. Ederson is potentially our current best but Pep disapproves.
Going right back, Franny was good as was Roy Paul. I think the best record in the Prem belongs to some bloke from the Channel Islands.

When I could make out who was stepping up for that one, I’m like…Oh my fucking God, what are they thinking?

Tucked it away like Ronald Koeman.

I reckon that was his first shot on target in his career.
Same. My legs went. Similar penalty to the one Raz scored to win the Carabao Cup. In off the bar.

Remember Edghill’s kissing of the badge on his ridiculously oversized shirt too.

Don’t really remember Franny playing for City. Just about have memories of his Derby days, including that goal.

So I thought I’d look up his penalty record. Seems like he scored 15 in one season but only 19 ( 4 missed ) in his whole career.

Presumably someone else was taking them for the majority of his time at City?

Imagine if Aguero had gone down under the challenge in the QPR game. Mario trying to do a back heel Rabona with his eyes shut just for a laugh.

Yaya was brilliant at them, but there was a confidence with Mario. Was it Krul he stared out after scoring it rather than celebrating like a normal person?

Haaland is probably the worst successful penalty taker I've ever seen. Swear he's not made a clean connection when one he's scored. A bit like Aguero in that from that position in the penalty area under a challenge from a centre half, they score every time, but just the keeper and they don't look confident.

So if it's a last minute penalty on Saturday, I'm calling Ederson. Like Mario but with even less emotion

If we get that penalty Sunday, I'd want Julian taking it. Seems like he'd just drill it into the side netting.

I was thinking about Franny. His philosophy was to hit it as hard as possible and if the keeper gets in the way he goes in the net with the ball. I don’t remember him missing many.
I remember him saying he only ever took two for England and missed them both. But for City he was deadly from 12 yards.

I remember him saying he only ever took two for England and missed them both. But for City he was deadly from 12 yards.
Good story from my Dad RIP, who worked in the media. Franny took one against Arsenal who had Bob Wilson in goal, who had become a media pundit. Franny slammed it home and ran past the prostrate Arsenal keeper, then sweeping the ball up on the rebound and saying to Wilson 'analyse that fucker'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.