Who else is Wembleyed out?

I think it’s more a case of being Wembleyed Out for games that aren't finals. I can understand why people might be giving this one a swerve after an expensive twelve months as a City fan.

In 1993, Sheffield Wednesday went to Wembley four times in six weeks. By the time of the FA Cup final replay, there were empty seats in blocks in the Wednesday end.

After 13 years of regular trips down there, it's understandable why people are selective about when they want to go. If we can criticise people for missing FA Cup semi-finals then let's be calling out people who miss Charity Shields. Truth is, nobody should face ridicule for how they feel about it.

I’m not ridiculing anybody. People make their own decisions and I wouldn’t dream of trying to tell people what games they should or shouldn’t go to.

The thread creator stated he wouldn’t be going to the final either if we beat Chelsea and a lot seem to saying the same.

After what so many fans had to put up with last season when travelling to and from the stadium for the CL Final in Istanbul, I don't think I'll be complaining about getting to and from Wembley ever again. It took some fans longer to get to the Ataturk Stadium on the day of the game even though it was in the same city when they started their journey than it does if travelling to Wembley from Manchester by coach. Contrast that to Wembley where you can get from Euston to the stadium in half an hour or so. In fact, you should be able to get to Wembley from pretty much anywhere in London in not much more than an hour at worst.

Sure, some of the kick-off times for games at Wembley aren't fan friendly in terms of getting trains back and there absolutely should be some push back on that, plus I get that finances and work patterns dictate that some fans have to make some hard choices where they might have to give it a miss. However, with regards to the occasion itself it's what you make of it that determines how good or bad it is. I'd actually argue that having so many visits to Wembley in the past 13 years makes one more experienced in having a better quality day out. Some people might not have the time to dig out places some way away from the stadium but if you've got time on your hands and you're just going to go for the lazy option of heading to the pubs on the East Side then the chances are that you're going to have a shit day out as you'll spend more time in a queue for a pint than you will drinking that pint. London is one of the greatest cities in the world and there are absolutely shit loads of different places where you can have an enjoyable day without going anywhere near all those shite pubs near the stadium.
Spot on, love it
10 minutes on train from Marylebone which is a 10 minute walk from Baker Street.

Can even have a nice pint in the station pub at Marylebone

The sooner Scruffy builds New Trafford and strikes a deal with the FA for semi-finals to be played there, the better.

Then we’ll get I’m not going to New Trafford and giving United my money.

I certainly would. A Metrolink to Trafford and back from the city centre. Fantastic!
And bollocks to the London based fans of the Clubs from that city!

Reactions: jrb
Pretty sure a rail strike was on the last time I went, surprise surprise and everywhere was packed.
We had to park on someone's drive, hopefully be a bit quieter this time, and we'll get on the station.
If full drive down to next station down the line

We must be catching up with spurs for number of games played recently at Wembley and they played there for 2 seasons when their ground was being developed

Done a semi final trip to Wembley and it’s pointless IMO. Shouldn’t be at Wembley.

Done a few finals and it’s a top day out, off we get to another one I’ll probably go again.
You're right it shouldn't but once grounds became all seated it really only left Wembley big enough for a semi final, wouldn't have missed the 2011 semi for a gold clock one great day. Going to this next one and hopefully another final fingers crossed.

For every person insisting it should be at Villa Park, they’d probably be three complaining that they couldn’t get a ticket, if it actually was there. All pointing out that London is only about 20 minutes further away by train than Birmingham.

the FA de valued the FA cup when they decided to play semi finals there. I’d rather they be at other grounds for the competition heritage and because I’m fed up of the place. It’s not even a good stadium.
I’ll go to the final, FA and CL!! but not a semi.. and at a push the charity shield for a day out.
I think I’m upto 24 times going in my lifetime for City matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.