Who else was there?

Yep I seem to vaguely remember the game there 76/77/78ish when Tuart had a goal disallowed as the ref blew for half/full time before the ball went in, I can't remember fully, its a long time ago. But it was similar to the World cup one that Brazil got disallowed. Anyone else remember this or have I just dreamt it?
Yeah I was there. Think it was the full time whistle inexplicably blown between taking the corner and Tueart heading it in. Finished 2 all?

Yeah I was there. Think it was the full time whistle inexplicably blown between taking the corner and Tueart heading it in. Finished 2 all?
I seem to remember we lost 2-1 but that Tueart "goal" would have made it 2-2, I just can't remember. My late brother Rammyblues would have remembered he had a mind like a statiscian lol. I know after the game as we were hearded like sheep to get back for the train he didn't see one of those concrete bollards we all moved to go round it he just walked straight onto it and lets say his Crown Jewels were still delicate a week later, it was funny as though:-)

Last edited:
Now we can all confirm we were all at York City away……but was anyone else with me at Pride Park when we drew with Derby County 1-1

It was that long ago, i can’t remember much….
I think it was the league cup on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.
I think Tiatto scored the equaliser?
I paid £20 for a ticket (which was expensive at the time)
They were premier league and we were in the 2nd division.
We sang “we get more in division 2, city is our name”
Replayed at Maine Road and i think Wanchope scored for Derby.

Or have i dreamt all of that?

Obviously 75% of you lot were supporting Chelsea at this time and won’t remember :-)
That all sounds about right to me, I was at the return leg at home. I remember being so impressed by Wanchope, mainly due to his team's Premier League status which felt a million miles away from us at the time.

Loved him playing for us - not sure why we ever sold him even with his injuries.

City have not won away at Derby since October 1969. Sixteen league & cup matches resulting in 6 draws and 10 defeats. It has got to be our worst current run against anyone.

I was at that game. My only recollection was united were playing Barcelona that night and we came out the ground singing their name

I can confirm I was at neither .I did attend the Isle of man festival 1985 if that makes up for my part time support :)

Never been to Pride Park. Went to the Baseball Ground on several occasions, each of which I choose to forget.
You were lucky, mate. At least you saw us get a result in Derby.
me 2 lost 4-0 when going for title[ game corrigan got booked for saying pen spot was wrong] im sure we lost 6-0 once but i tried lots of beer to get over that 1 a couple of 1-1s 1 game last match of season when it was mayhem when derbys fans came on to pitch and it was a battle field all way to train station and then at sheff station it went off with utd fans

Yep I seem to vaguely remember the game there 76/77/78ish when Tuart had a goal disallowed as the ref blew for half/full time before the ball went in, I can't remember fully, its a long time ago. But it was similar to the World cup one that Brazil got disallowed. Anyone else remember this or have I just dreamt it?
i do but wasnt at game

me 2 lost 4-0 when going for title[ game corrigan got booked for saying pen spot was wrong] im sure we lost 6-0 once but i tried lots of beer to get over that 1 a couple of 1-1s 1 game last match of season when it was mayhem when derbys fans came on to pitch and it was a battle field all way to train station and then at sheff station it went off with utd fans
Yeah...some came over to us ....so ....we went on the pitch...they ran back rapid. Scrapping then with stewards and dibble until we climbed back. One lad ran into Derby lot on his jack. Mad ****. Took ages to get him out of police station.
He got fined for that and never ever paid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.