Who has the hardest shot at City?

Kolorov IMHO still has the hardest shot of our recent sides.
Think that Nicky Summerbee had the most powerful recorded shot in world for a while in the 90s... Sure a Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink freekick with no run up at all beat it out, when they checked the speed of his shot on sky or MOTD think it was about 110-115mph or something daft like that... But he scored a rocket freekick against us years later too that might have been quicker never saw comparisons

Not really taken notice of shot power or if they measure it anymore though but Kolarov defo struck a ball hard even knocked the ref out for Lazio, is it harder than Hasselbaink at shooting dunno but I'm sure he hit plenty of our own fans with his attempts.

Current players Walker, Foden and Rodri.

Past ones Tarnat struck them hard even at Bayern and carried it here, Yaya banged them in bat times although he added a bit of curve a lot of times some poor little girl was on the receiving end of one of his shots... I remember Dunne scored a disallowed rocket of a freekick in one game probably around 2004 jsh was a disgrace to disallow it.
Franny Lee, Colin Bell and David Phillips always capable of striking them hard on on old City videos I watched as a kid.

My dad said David Phillips had a proper rocket, said Lorimer was meant to be the hardest years ago too but Lee smashed them in bigtime.

I reckon footballers years ago would've defo hit the ball a lot harder than these days, it's not as easy or fair to compare those old heavy balls to today's lighter ones.

Think that Nicky Summerbee had the most powerful recorded shot in world for a while in the 90s... Sure a Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink freekick with no run up at all beat it out, when they checked the speed of his shot on sky or MOTD think it was about 110-115mph or something daft like that... But he scored a rocket freekick against us years later too that might have been quicker never saw comparisons

Not really taken notice of shot power or if they measure it anymore though but Kolarov defo struck a ball hard even knocked the ref out for Lazio, is it harder than Hasselbaink at shooting dunno but I'm sure he hit plenty of our own fans with his attempts.

Past ones Tarnat struck them hard even at Bayern and carried it here, Yaya banged them in bat times although he added a bit of curve a lot of times some poor little girl was on the receiving end of one of his shots... I remember Dunne scored a disallowed rocket of a freekick in one game probably around 2004 jsh was a disgrace to disallow it.
Franny Lee, Colin Bell and David Phillips always capable of striking them hard on on old City videos I watched as a kid.

My dad said David Phillips had a proper rocket, said Lorimer was meant to be the hardest years ago too but Lee smashed them in bigtime.

I reckon footballers years ago would've defo hit the ball a lot harder than these days, it's not as easy or fair to compare those old heavy balls to today's lighter ones.
The dunne free kick was brilliant - think it was West Brom evening game . Gutted it was disallowed , think it was because the ref didn’t blow . Tried to find footage of it but never found it

The dunne free kick was brilliant - think it was West Brom evening game . Gutted it was disallowed , think it was because the ref didn’t blow . Tried to find footage of it but never found it

Was defo am evening or late game can't proper remember it maybe I was thinking over the top at the time but thought no keeper in world football would've saved it.

Same went to look after I posted here I'm sure I've seen it since though on YouTube showed it my nephew but can't find it either... Maybe it got copyright removal by the pricks in the same way they kept deleting Kinkladze's skill compilations whenever they reached a million.

"Back in the 1990s, Nicky Sumerbee was cited as having the hardest shot in football, which was technically true at the time. He was recorded as hitting the ball at an impressive 87 miles per hour"
Was that for City? Don't remember him having a shot.
His Dad had a good shot on him. My dad used to tell me that he was the strongest until we signed that little whipper-snapper, Francis Lee. Now, he had DID have a good shot on him.

His Dad had a good shot on him. My dad used to tell me that he was the strongest until we signed that little whipper-snapper, Francis Lee. Now, he had DID have a good shot on him.
I googled it after someone mentioned it on here. Some discrepancy over it happened or speed of shot. just a cut and paste job from me to back up the claim. I'm far to many good weekends in the bank to remember shit like "Who had a great shot"...In fact sometimes i'm sat on the porcelain thrown and can't remember if i have had the best shit or come in for a posh piss

The weight of the ball hasnt changed, laws of the game. The construction and waterproofing has, thus seeming 'lighter'.
I've seen the vast majority of the people mentioned on this thread, that Foden goal last week was up with any of them.

From memory this so could be wrong, but...

They didn't time shots in matches back then, they didn't have the technology. They got a few players into a studio to hit shots at a pad or net or something with timers set up and out of the 3 who tried, his came back fastest.

Yes it was classed as a 'world record', but it was a bit like being the tallest dwarf. Loads may have been faster than him.

Biggest surprise was that he didn't miss the target really...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.