Who is a 'bigger' club, Ajax or Arsenal?

Who do you consider the bigger club?

• Ajax

Votes: 69 71.9%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 27 28.1%

• Total voters
Ten years in the states pass the Dutchie and I’ve never seen anybody in an Ajax top, seen lots of Arsenal shirts on older guys as well as kids.

Are Forest bigger than us then?
And Arsenal and Spurs by the same token. Of course they're not bigger, they've just won something other clubs haven't, that will be used as a stick to beat the fans with until they do.

Winning a European Cup is nice but it's not the be all and end all.

Arsenal are still the biggest London club and the 3rd biggest club in the PL IMO but Chelsea have ticked off a lot of boxes in the last 10-15 years and so have City.

There's a happy medium between caring to much about how big your club is and not knowing better when someone is talking absolute bollocks about where your club stands on the football landscape.

This is like the question who are the biggest German speaking club, on league success its Rapid Vienna, what is even more remarkable is they haven't won anything since 2008. However I doubt many people would say they are the biggest German speaking team, alot of any measure has to be connected to how many strong teams you are competing against for such success. In the case of Rapid Vienna its worth noting that Red Bull took over Salzburg in 2006.....

You’ve just called another poster dumb and then posted something even dumber, so . . .

“Basic research” on what? Let’s define the term big. You say economics, Dom says history. Oh, oops, there is no “accepted” definition of “big”, so how is anyone supposed to do “research”? This is why it’s an inane topic to begin with.

And, hey, maybe if my customer base was, you know, fucking DUTCH, I’d pick Ajax to spend 10M with. You’d probably pick Arsenal, but that leads us back to the first sentence in my post.

Yes there is a clear definition of who is bigger. It’s everything I have already explained. Big is defined by numbers of which Arsenal outweigh Ajax in every meaningful category at this present time.

“And hey”, you pick Ajax if you’re customer base is dutch, we’re talking who’s bigger overall in the world not in a country of 17 million people.

You do realise that the population of the world is bigger than the Netherlands don’t you? Or do you think the youngsters in Asia, Africa and America know who Rinus Michaels and Patrick Kluivert are?

Here’s some questions for you:-

Who has the bigger stadium capacity?

Who has the bigger attendance?

Who plays in the biggest domestic competition in the world?

Who has the bigger annual revenue?

Who can command the bigger sponsorship deals?

If both competing for domestic and European honours, who doesn’t have to sell their players to bigger clubs?

Who has the bigger fan base in Europe?

Who has the bigger fan base in Asia?

Who has the bigger fan base in North America?

Who has the bigger fan base in South America?

Who has the bigger fan base in Africa?

Who has the bigger fan base in Oceania?

Who has the bigger fan base in the world?

Who has the bigger following on social media?

Who has the biggest website hits?

Which club has more video views on YouTube?

Who has a bigger media reach and engagement?

Which club is the bigger attraction for players?

Which club is the bigger attraction for managers?

Which club is the bigger attraction for investors?

Which club is the bigger attraction for tourists?

Which club has the bigger merchandise sales?

So it is really quite simple on who is bigger? And if you answer Ajax to any of them questions above then you need to continue arguing with Bigga and ruining threads on the politics forum and leave the football side of things.

Now if you said who is more successful or who has had more of an impact on the history of football then that is a different conversation.

But who is bigger? Only a hipster would say Ajax. Are you and your mate “Dom” hipsters?

Put down the hipster magazines and come into the real world.

Last edited:
Yes there is a clear definition of who is bigger. It’s everything I have already explained. Big is defined by numbers of which Arsenal outweigh Ajax in every meaningful category at this present time.

“And hey”, you pick Ajax if you’re customer base is dutch, we’re talking who’s bigger overall in the world not in a country of 17 million people.

You do realise that the population of the world is bigger than the Netherlands don’t you? Or do you think the youngsters in Asia, Africa and America know who Rinus Michaels and Patrick Kluivert are?

Here’s some questions for you:-

Who has the bigger stadium capacity?

Who has the bigger attendance?

Who plays in the biggest domestic competition in the world?

Who has the bigger annual revenue?

Who can command the bigger sponsorship deals?

If both competing for domestic and European honours, who doesn’t have to sell their players to bigger clubs?

Who has the bigger fan base in Europe?

Who has the bigger fan base in Asia?

Who has the bigger fan base in North America?

Who has the bigger fan base in South America?

Who has the bigger fan base in Africa?

Who has the bigger fan base in Oceania?

Who has the bigger fan base in the world?

Who has the bigger following on social media?

Who has the biggest website hits?

Which club has more video views on YouTube?

Who has a bigger media reach and engagement?

Which club is the bigger attraction for players?

Which club is the bigger attraction for managers?

Which club is the bigger attraction for investors?

Which club is the bigger attraction for tourists?

Which club has the bigger merchandise sales?

So it is really quite simple on who is bigger? And if you answer Ajax to any of them questions above then you need to continue arguing with Bigga and ruining threads on the politics forum and leave the football side of things.

Now if you said who is more successful or who has had more of an impact on the history of football then that is a different conversation.

But who is bigger? Only a hipster would say Ajax. Are you and your mate “Dom” hipsters?

Put down the hipster magazines and come into the real world.
Did I say it was Ajax, you fucking idiot?

Did you even bother to read the first post in the thread? I know this is news to you, you insufferable twat, but you aren’t the be-all end-all of defining the term “big”. In fact the OP DID bring up a “different conversation”, didn’t he/she, when trophy count was listed. So, see, YOU don’t get to define the term. And therefore calling another poster “dumb” for not defining it YOUR way is even dumber. And much more dickheaded.

Anyway, can someone else let me know if this knob ever posts anything worth reading? So far he’s 0 for 6,000.

It’s Ajax. If Arsenal joined the Eredivisie and both clubs went for the same player for the same wage they wouldn’t be joining Arsenal, unless they were a fan.

It’s the Premier League that is x times bigger than the Eredivisie, if Arsenal left and were replaced by Sheffield Wednesday nobody other than Arsenal fans would care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.