Who is a 'bigger' club, Ajax or Arsenal?

Who do you consider the bigger club?

• Ajax

Votes: 69 71.9%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 27 28.1%

• Total voters
Yes there is a clear definition of who is bigger. It’s everything I have already explained. Big is defined by numbers of which Arsenal outweigh Ajax in every meaningful category at this present time.

“And hey”, you pick Ajax if you’re customer base is dutch, we’re talking who’s bigger overall in the world not in a country of 17 million people.

You do realise that the population of the world is bigger than the Netherlands don’t you? Or do you think the youngsters in Asia, Africa and America know who Rinus Michaels and Patrick Kluivert are?

Here’s some questions for you:-

Who has the bigger stadium capacity?

Who has the bigger attendance?

Who plays in the biggest domestic competition in the world?

Who has the bigger annual revenue?

Who can command the bigger sponsorship deals?

If both competing for domestic and European honours, who doesn’t have to sell their players to bigger clubs?

Who has the bigger fan base in Europe?

Who has the bigger fan base in Asia?

Who has the bigger fan base in North America?

Who has the bigger fan base in South America?

Who has the bigger fan base in Africa?

Who has the bigger fan base in Oceania?

Who has the bigger fan base in the world?

Who has the bigger following on social media?

Who has the biggest website hits?

Which club has more video views on YouTube?

Who has a bigger media reach and engagement?

Which club is the bigger attraction for players?

Which club is the bigger attraction for managers?

Which club is the bigger attraction for investors?

Which club is the bigger attraction for tourists?

Which club has the bigger merchandise sales?

So it is really quite simple on who is bigger? And if you answer Ajax to any of them questions above then you need to continue arguing with Bigga and ruining threads on the politics forum and leave the football side of things.

Now if you said who is more successful or who has had more of an impact on the history of football then that is a different conversation.

But who is bigger? Only a hipster would say Ajax. Are you and your mate “Dom” hipsters?

Put down the hipster magazines and come into the real world.
Do you actually care about Arsenal or Ajax that much to write that odd novel?

Fuck me.

Do you actually care about Arsenal or Ajax that much to write that odd novel?

Fuck me.

No, I care about posters who are ruining debate on this forum and make it a no go area for anyone who wishes to let loose, interact and debate in a civilised manner

This topic was a pub type discussion, yet a certain clique of posters continue to act as if it’s a dissertation on their world football masters degree that they have to inflict on everyone.

The novel still says it’s Arsenal btw. Ask Ty from AFCTV, he will back it up.

It's Arsenal in every material sense, but most people you ask I think would say Ajax.

What do you base "size" of a club on?

If you are talking business terms, Arsenal are the bigger business. No doubt whatsoever. Their valuation, turnover and worldwide fanbase dwarf Ajax. Arsenal's stadium is much newer (with better corporate facilities). The league they compete in is much more wealthy and relevant. While the PL is easily the most lucrative league in the world, the Eredivisie are in talks about merging their league with Belgium due to the dinky nature of the league in today's market. The country Arsenal are in has 4x the population, and the City they are in has 7x the population.

Historically, Ajax are quite a bit more successful. Although Arsenal are no slouches in this regard though tbf.
Ajax has a lot of that romance in their history, people like Ajax. Ajax are still winning trophies regularly.
I prefer Ajax, a lot of people have Ajax as a second team. But people don't usually have big clubs as second teams.
They are, sadly for them, hamstrung by their league.

No, I care about posters who are ruining debate on this forum and make it a no go area for anyone who wishes to let loose, interact and debate in a civilised manner

This topic was a pub type discussion, yet a certain clique of posters continue to act as if it’s a dissertation on their world football masters degree that they have to inflict on everyone.

You called another poster "dumb" and everyone else who disagreed with your pick of Arsenal "dumb" and I'M "ruining debate"???

Without wishing to get into a row about anything, you could also look in the mirror a little yourself tbh.

Arsenal in modern times have surpassed them, but that is due to all manner of things, the decline of Dutch football, the rise of the English game but the Ajax team of the 70's and all they did for total football and the Dutch national team is what makes them a big club in many peoples eyes and I wouldn't argue against it personally.

There that is all the care I am giving this subject, back onto City related matters.

Does it matter, it means nothing, there isn't a biggest club trophy - unless United or Liverpool have invented it with their 3 billion fans.

Without wishing to get into a row about anything, you could also look in the mirror a little yourself tbh.

Arsenal in modern times have surpassed them, but that is due to all manner of things, the decline of Dutch football, the rise of the English game but the Ajax team of the 70's and all they did for total football and the Dutch national team is what makes them a big club in many peoples eyes and I wouldn't argue against it personally.

There that is all the care I am giving this subject, back onto City related matters.

They'll be no rowing from my end, i will admit i stooped down to their level but only as i saw it as another attempt to derail a thread that had a genuine interesting question to generate debate. Coming in half way through and calling it dumb stinks of superiority, if anyone thinks it is dumb, don't get involved. You wouldn't sit in the corner of a pub and overhear people talk about a certain subject and then pipe up and claim what they are talking about is dumb, i wish people would let others just be.

Amsterdam is better than London, in fact much better if memory serves me right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.