Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

It's a tricky one. Delph is the obvious option but in his absence I'd give Danilo a go. I think Pep tried him there towards the end of the Basel game???, so may have had this occurrence on his mind. Of course Kev could do it but we would lose a lot going forward. If none of the above, maybe change formation to a 4-2-3-1.

Is the opinion that Merlin is back now or will he still need to go back and forth? Hope his boy is doing well.

Might have an effect on it though. Think KDB will sit deeper and Gundogan and Silva further up.

Delph the closest like for like he's obviously unavailable so after that it's KDB. Gundogan can't do it, his positing and awareness isn't there and neither is the required tenacity which I suspect is down to a mental issue after his injuries which you can't blame him for.

KDB deeper with silva and gundogan ahead is the obvious answer but I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Pep tinker a bit and go 5 at the back now that we have 4 fit centre backs, negating the need for a deeper midfield player. Doing it in either of the next two games against strong opposition but in games we can afford to lose might be a decent test to see whether it's an option further down the line in the champions league should dinho be unavailable then too.

Even though they offer so much further up the pitch, i think KDB and Silva have shown there have the tenacity, the mobility and the passing range to do a bit of a job there. Think i rate Gundogan more than others on here but would be tempted to leave him in a more advanced position and try one of those two there. Don't fancy Danilo there tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.