Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

Would like to see Danilo there. Defensive minded, can pass, shoot and tackle well and was mentioned when he signed for us, he could play the position. Also did at CB in the league cup when he was called upon.

As others have mentioned, dependent on who we play, will dictate who we use, but think Danilo would do a bang up job there.

Wouldn't mind seeing this
Ederson
Stones Otamendi Laporte
Walker De Bruyne Silva Zinchenko Sane
Aguero Jesus
3 centre backs, laporte and Zinchenko more than capable of covering the left flank with sane providing the width. Aguero and Jesus to bring the goals, Kevin to do the running in midfield and Silva to hold the ball as much as possible. Reckon that team could slaughter arsenal on Thursday.

Certainly not Gundo.

Doesn't convince me long-term. Adds very little from what I see, whether down to his injuries or this league.

Can be very lazy at times and that has come as the biggest shock.
I've been impressed with him this season, he's probably not up to speed yet and about a month away from being fully fit but technically he's very comfortable on the ball, got an eye for goal and gets stuck in.

I think we'll switch to a back 3 and go with Laporte on the left, Kompany/Otto central and Stones on the right.

We push so high in games that I consider Dinho as a 3rd CB (more like a 'Half Back' in old school footballing terms) rather than a 'defensive' midfielder. All of our back line have the technical ability to play midfield for virtually any other team in the league, any team would miss a player of Dinho's quality but we will be absolutely fine.

A long shot would be Vinny. That was his position for a time, and he looks like he's getting stronger and fitter.

The switch we did yesterday with Gundy sitting and KDB in centre mid worked well in the second half. With Bernardo on the right we had better control of the midfield area. It is a bit conservative with KDB a bit withdrawn but that may be no bad thing for the run-in. We cant swap like for like for Ferdy till Fred arrives in the summer. Pep always finds a way.

My ranking of replacements:

1.De bruyne
2.Delph
3.Stones/Otamendi
4.Danilo
5.D.Silva
6.Kompany
7.Gundogan

Gundogan had a poor game yesterday (probably his worst for City) but one thing he has going for him is that he never goes hiding and always wants the ball. Fernandinho is class and the better player in that position but when he has a bad game, he sometimes goes hiding and doesn’t show for the ball. Gundogan can step in, like he did for David Silva against Spurs, and do a good job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.