Who is Britain's most recognisable football fan?

DaveH said:
Freestyler said:
John Westwood, the pompey fan.

Yep Nice guy as well (Fecking stinks of BO though)

From the web:-

Wembley Stadium's management has banned all forms of noise-making equipment except a licensed band.
This is bad news for Portsmouth's most high-profile fan, John Westwood.
On match days, he stands out in the crowd as a bare-chested bear of a man wearing a blue and white wig and hat as he rings a bell, blows a bugle and bashes a big bass drum.
"I've been told I can't take any of my instruments to Wembley which is crazy as they help create the atmosphere," says the 47-year-old divorced father-of-two.
By the standards of any club, he's unusual. He has travelled to every game, home and away, since 1980. In 1989, he changed his name by deed poll to John Anthony Portsmouth Football Club Westwood.
He also has 60 Portsmouth tattoos on his body, the club crest shaved on to his head and "PFC" engraved on his teeth.
John might look like a man possessed when he is watching football but, in reality, he is yet another Portsmouth curiosity. It is rather bewildering to find him going about his day job - he is an antiquarian book dealer in the pretty market town of Petersfield.
"People look at me and think I must be some madman off a building site, but books are my life," he whispers as we meet in the family bookshop.
His late father was a well-known book dealer, his brother is the Queen's paper conservator at Windsor Castle and John has written a book himself.

andy h said:
Antique book dealer? Thought he looked like David Dickinson.

He runs an Antique Bookshop in Portsmouth. One of my best mates is Pompey and he talks about him as they've travelled on Coaches together.

During the week, his short back 'n' sides + conservative dress makes him look completely different.

263u8f6.jpg

Has to be this guy.

TFC said:
I remember in the 90's, that fat **** that used to watch Birmingham. Massive he was, not sure if he's still around.
Barry Austin lmao...<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:23 am --<br /><br />As for recognisable football fans...

Larissa Riquelme -

paraguay_fan_larissa_riquelme_01.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.