who is the best DM/ Box to Box midfielder in Prem history?

levets said:
21 goals (and counting) in a season... would suggest it's Yaya
If we use that as a levelling stick might as well chuck Lampard in hahaha<br /><br />-- 26 Mar 2014, 13:54 --<br /><br />Who would be the best EVER anywhere box to box midfielder?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
levets said:
21 goals (and counting) in a season... would suggest it's Yaya
If we use that as a levelling stick might as well chuck Lampard in hahaha

-- 26 Mar 2014, 13:54 --

Who would be the best EVER anywhere box to box midfielder?
Oooh so tempted to say Zidane but he didn't do much defensive work.
Mattheus or Deschamps for me.

IrelandSuperman said:
Amazed Makélélé's not been mentioned yet.
I was going to say him but he played almost as a third centre half, didn't do any offensive work so not really box-to-box.

aguero93:20 said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Amazed Makélélé's not been mentioned yet.
I was going to say him but he played almost as a third centre half, didn't do any offensive work so not really box-to-box.
Topic says DM/box-to-box. I take that as two different roles.

The rags have a thread on Yaya, and some of them are claiming that the Carrick of last year is a better player than Yaya.

Makelele was a CDM, the best ever in the league. Coaches try to replicate what he brought to teams.

Not a box to box, however in his time at Chelsea he played with an absolute war-horse. Micheal Essien, what a f*cking player he was before the injuries rail roaded his career. Chelsea really did have a great side at the time.

Essien has to go on the list, the only thing he lacked was goals but all round play was part of Chelseas success.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:16 pm --<br /><br />
stony said:
The rags have a thread on Yaya, and some of them are claiming that the Carrick of last year is a better player than Yaya.

I shook my head is disgust then. Must be on the WUM. The best poster at the Cafe is Pogue Mahone. When I lurk I look out for his posts, he is my level of poster hahaha.

Throughout Prem history its Vieira no doubt... But the more Yaya proves himself in the prem the greater he becomes.

Give Yaya more games and if he continues then it will be Yaya.

Imagine Vieira and Yaya in the same midfield... hahaha :)

Why Always Ste said:
Throughout Prem history its Vieira no doubt... But the more Yaya proves himself in the prem the greater he becomes.

Give Yaya more games and if he continues then it will be Yaya.

Imagine Vieira and Yaya in the same midfield... hahaha :)

We had that albeit end of career 50% of the player he once was Vieira but we still had it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.