who is the best DM/ Box to Box midfielder in Prem history?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why Always Ste said:
Throughout Prem history its Vieira no doubt... But the more Yaya proves himself in the prem the greater he becomes.

Give Yaya more games and if he continues then it will be Yaya.

Imagine Vieira and Yaya in the same midfield... hahaha :)

We had that albeit end of career 50% of the player he once was Vieira but we still had it
Won't forget him schooling Arsenal's midfield in that 0-0 in the emirates.

So hard to call. If we are just talking about the Premiership alone then it's Vieira for me followed by Scholes, Yaya and Keane. Gerrard misses out, because at his peak he lacked the discipline and game management to play there. During his best years at Liverpool he spent most of his time on the right like in the CL final or behind off Torres. Mascherano and Alonso were the midfielders.

The stand out names for me are Vieira, Scholes, Yaya, Keane, Lampard, Gerrard, Ballack, Essien, Alonso and Makalele.

Stoned Rose said:
The two position in the OP are different.

DM - Makele and Fernandinho

Box to Box - Vieira, Essien, Gerrard, Petit, Keane.
Yaya?

aguero93:20 said:
Stoned Rose said:
The two position in the OP are different.

DM - Makele and Fernandinho

Box to Box - Vieira, Essien, Gerrard, Petit, Keane.
Yaya?
Can play both but should be included in the b2b list - he's that good already. When a DM is introduced and Yaya pushed forward - like last Tuesday or like Bobby did a couple times - those are the times it's so exciting to follow The God's Own. When the big man puts on the afterburners... I get a wee stiffy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.