Who is the player you have been most gutted about leaving city?

All my names have already been mentioned.

As a kid I never understood selling Peter Barnes & Gary Owen (I think Owen was the England U21 captain at the time too)

Howard Kendall selling Ian Bishop left a sour taste in my mouth - Bish was a good footballer with a bit of flair - us Blues like a bit of flair!!

Howard Kendall leaving was a huge shock and left me feeling disappointed as I thought we were really on the verge of something with him at the helm - and the thing of it was, he ruled himself out of the England job in the summer, only to fook off back to Everton.
I could have tolerated him leaving City for England, but him going back to Everton pissed me off.

Losing Kinky was a disappointment, but then Joe Royle appeased the fans by re-signing Ian Bishop.

Sweep - our shining light, he loved City and, if reports are true, left City for the transfer fee as he knew the club were a financial mess

Joe Hart.....I will be gutted when he goes
a) Because he's a top goalkeeper
b) he "gets" City and what we're all about
c) He's gonna leave us and do really, really well at another club and be loved by their fans.

In the future, if and when Zabba and Vinny go............

Last edited:
And Stevie Lomas. At the time he was coming good and went on to be very good for west Ham until injured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.