Who is the player you have been most gutted about leaving city?

Shauny Wright-Wright-Wright hurt but when Richards left that one hurt the most because he just got the whole being a blue thing. Like everyone's said though. When Zaba goes, I'll be a broken man

Howard Kendall leaving was a huge shock and left me feeling disappointed as I thought we were really on the verge of something with him at the helm - and the thing of it was, he ruled himself out of the England job in the summer, only to fook off back to Everton.
I could have tolerated him leaving City for England, but him going back to Everton pissed me off.

Interesting one on managers front, as they tend to leave under a cloud.

Yeah, Kendall was gutting - first properly good City team I ever saw was his in 1990/91. They remained the best I saw til Mancini arrived.

I also felt sad when Joe Royle left. Yeah, he took us down in 2001 but just think where he took us from and the memories he helped give us. Thought he could have been given another year at the time but we obviously already had Keggy lined up. And what a season that was...

Another vote for Michael Hughes here ...

He was my favourite player by miles in that decent early 90's Peter Reid team, I was a naively optimistic 12 year old at the time and was truly crushed when I heard. I still never understood why we sold him (someone older and wiser may know ?) and to feckin Strasbourg of all places. We ostensibly replaced him with Ricky Holden/Kare Ingebrigtsen iirc and reality/steady decline rapidly set in !

While Flitcroft leaving was crap and Kinkys frankly overdue departure was poignant, I was hardened by the inevitable frustrations and futilities of following City by the time they came along.
Hughes looked such a great young talent in a team that genuinely looked to be going places. Still surprised he went on to have a fairly ordinary career all things considered, tho he did score that goal to briefly interrupt the Rags succession of titles in '95 at least ...

Last edited:
Denis Tueart. Remember being at a JB meeting at the old Ferranti Social club in Chadderton and begging him to stay!! I was only about 10 by the way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.