Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excepted)

Re: Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excep

When i was a kid Yohan Cruyff mesmerised me in 1974. Never seen nowt like it.
Diego Maradonna did the same 10/12 years later. Supreme artists with a football.
Maradonna shades it for me.

Currently Messi
In the past a whole load of footballers I have loved watching including Original Ronaldo, Maradonna, Platini. Cruyf,

In English football the likes of Hudson, Currie, Hoddle and Gazza all excited me.

I have to say the most watchable footballer to come out of football in these Islands though played for the rags

G Best was a thrilling player to watch.

jimharri said:
Mayor West said:
acquiesce said:
It was Zola that had a clear run on goal after a defender hurt himself and picked the ball up to signal medical staff over to help, correct? Classiest move I've ever seen.

For me it was Henry in his pomp. He just glided across the field, mesmerizing.

Think that was di canio. He could have rolled it into an empty net after beating the keeper to the ball but the keeper landed awkwardly and was seriously injured. He picked up the ball and signalled for the medical staff.
Correct.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPxRtKTM2AU[/video]

Ah, cheers for that. Pity it wasnt Zola ha. Still class though

Kevin Keegan was one of my favourite players when I started watching football . I wanted Keegan to play for us instead of Newcastle United . He was the major reason Newcastle went up in 1984 and City didn't .

Liam Brady, Dalglish, LeTissier, Rush, Henry, Gazza, Bale all fantastic players from our domestic leagues. There's just too many to mention from around the world!

Gotta be Gattuso for me. Love this clip of him belting out the national anthem.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5muGVKdJFV8[/video]

Dominic Rocheteau,St.Etienne and France.
I saw him terrorise a right back for Lille in the 70's,the poor bloke was exasperated by his trickery and pace.

socrates.jpg

Legend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.