Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excepted)

Re: Who is your favourite footballer?.(Manchester City excep

lazza said:
spanishblue said:
Ruud Gullit, just loved the way the guy created space from nowhere

Was just about to say "I can't believe no one has said Ruud Gullit".....! Still think he's the best player I've seen play against City, and that was when his best days were already behind him!

This...won the worlds best player twice. Awesome footballer, especially in his Milan days along with Marco Van Basten.

Alan Hansen
Mark Lawrenson
Alan Shearer
Robbie Savage
Stan Collymore
Andy Gray

Ronaldo (Brazil)
Zico
Maradona
Berkamp
Dalglish
Henry
Lineker
Gazza
Hoddle
Pirlo
Gerrard
Messi
Ronaldo
Xavi
inniesta

BimboBob said:
Alan Shearer.

F*ckin finally ! How is this the only mention ?? 260 goals in the premiership is unreal, best striker of the game there has ever been. So strong in the air and always hit the target. Loved watching him.

Markt85 said:
BimboBob said:
Alan Shearer.

F*ckin finally ! How is this the only mention ?? 260 goals in the premiership is unreal, best striker of the game there has ever been. So strong in the air and always hit the target. Loved watching him.

Loved Shearer too. Respect him for playing for his boyhood club and for knockin the rags back multiple times but imagine him playing for a truly top club, he'd have scored 400.

Bilston Blue said:
Favourite would be Maradona.

Honourable mentions to Preben Elkjaer-Larsen, Romario, Gheorge Hagi, Hristo Stoichkov, Franco Baresi, Lothar Matthaeus, Socrates, van Basten,

I could go on all day. There've been some bloody wonderful players over the years.

Fantastic list, particularly impressed with the Elkjaer selection, doesn't often get the recognition he deserves. If we are on the Danish thing I guess Laudrup should be in there. I would add Maldini, Mueller, Cruyff and a few others but can't argue with anyone on your list.

Alan Shearer - the ultimate English style centre forward.
Kenny Dalglish - Obnoxious individual, superb footballer.

Chris Waddle was my favourite English player. Foreigner favourite was Maradonna. Even after the Hand of God I still couldn't quite hate him.

29kvqxv.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.