Who now then?...

Does anybody think we will look back on this transfer window with disdain, similar to how we look back on the 2012 window?

Hard to be too disappointed mate...Mahrez is a world class addition to the squad but believe DM is still a priority that needs to be looked at. I'm sure with the amount of time we've spent trying to fill that position over the summer, that they will still have one eye on the market. (atleast I hope so!;)

Does anybody think we will look back on this transfer window with disdain, similar to how we look back on the 2012 window?

Lots of people do. Not me, but lots of people.

Can't remember who said it, but somebody mentioned that if your first couple wives shagged your brother it doesn't necessarily mean your third wife will. I basically feel the same way -- previous lapses in reinforcing a championship-winning squad are unrelated to this current squad. Don't get me wrong, I would've loved to sign Jorginho. But I don't think we're sailing into a perfect storm without him.

As for the thread's topic, I'm a closet believer that this could be the year of Delph. I still have his performance against Madrid at heart (I know this also paves the way for injury arguments). Just can't help but believe he might be great in the role. Also a believer in Gundogan as cover. And if Fernandinho goes down, and those two fail us, I still think we'll be okay. Try Stones, try Danilo. Or personally (I'm sure this will label me a lunatic) I'd try B. Silva there. Lots of talk about what kind of DM to bring in, but as far as losing out on Jorginho, or trying to find a younger Modric, I think B. Silva would be our best fit. Tenacious little bastard, hard to knock off the ball, well accomplished in finding a forward pass... could do worse.

I am gutted at losing Jorginho as I think he could have elevated our passing game to rival that or 2009 Barcelona about whom bacon-face said "They get you on that carousel and they make you dizzy with their passing,"

I want a player that can offer this but no idea who it would be. I think Pep's plans have received a serious set back. Maybe Nzonzi could be a stop gap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.