Who now then?...

I hope it's not a case of complacency as in previous post title win windows. We NEED a cdm, that's a fact. I'd rather we took a risk on somebody(not fully scouted) as opposed to waiting for a talent to pop up next season and potentially risk pricing ourselves out again, when we'll be even more desperate.
Though if Pep see's someone in the squad who can do the job then i'd be as excited to see him do his masterful remolding as i would be seeing a new signing.

Last edited:
I hope it's not a case of complacency as in previous post title win windows. We NEED a cdm that's a fact, I'd rather we took a risk on somebody(not fully scouted) than wait for a talent to pop up next season and potentially risk pricing ourselves out again when we'll be even more desperate.
Though if Pep see's someone in the squad who can do the job then i'd be as excited to see him do his masterful remolding as i would be seeing a new signing.
I agree with this. I think it's Zinchenko.

Wasn't referring to last Season Asa..He was a great midfielder even with a hole in his heart.

No offence, but take a look at our transfer activity over the last 3/4 seasons. All the big ticket signings have been a great success. Nolito and Bravo maybe excepted. Compare them to the massive failings at other top 6 clubs. This would lead me to believe the transfer planning and recuitment at our club is her professional. There is no complacency.

There was a time 2011 to 2014 where we bought too many squad players and this was the result of some poor buys and ffp.

Anyone excited to finally see Mendy? He’s practically a new signing and think he can bring a new dimsension to the left side of our attack...scary. That being said, Delph would surely do a good enough role so there’s not a panic buy, which I don’t believe will happen anyway. I think Pep has really improved his defensive game and after last season, he deserves a decent shout for the spot.

Anyone excited to finally see Mendy? He’s practically a new signing and think he can bring a new dimsension to the left side of our attack...scary. That being said, Delph would surely do a good enough role so there’s not a panic buy, which I don’t believe will happen anyway. I think Pep has really improved his defensive game and after last season, he deserves a decent shout for the spot.
Can't wait to see Mendy get back in with the squad and playing consistenly again. If we play a back 4, he's going to be deadly overlapping with Sane. If we play back 3, he's going to have so many options to cross to in Jesus, Aguero and even KdB.

I think Delph should be the guy who gets the backup CDM role this season. The amount of time he's played as an inverted LB should be at least some sort of valuable in-game experience he needed to refamiliarize himself with playing in midfield. Zinchenko should also be a decent try since he also played a defensive role last season and has played in midfield. We're organized well enough to help him learn the position and cover for the back line.

Or gomez as he was in practise game today.

Interesting that Pep has been using Douglas Luiz in the preseason. He din't do too well against Dortmund, said he was injured against Pool and played decently against Bayern. He did break up attacks okay. Physical player, but would need to improve in distribution.

Interesting that Pep has been using Douglas Luiz in the preseason. He din't do too well against Dortmund, said he was injured against Pool and played decently against Bayern. He did break up attacks okay. Physical player, but would need to improve in distribution.
Hay stranger not seen you post on here for a while i think we have a couple of options regarding the dm position.

Hay stranger not seen you post on here for a while i think we have a couple of options regarding the dm position.

Options is the key word. We know how much Pep looks at opposition and how they like to line up. Maybe against a Newcastle under Rafa if they sit back and play on the counter, maybe a Dinho/Douglas Luiz type is better to break up play and might not be needed as much playing though a press. Gundogan played well against Spurs and Arsenal who did press us. Maybe Zinchenko in the cups? Gomez is a little young but has huge potential. Depends on how he adapts. The only worry is Liverpool for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.