Who now then?...

Presumably Gundogan will feature a lot in a number six role. But once again, we could be playing with fire against teams who can be devastating on the counter attack.

Against 90% of teams we don't have that much of a threat. Against the ones who do cause us extra problems, I don't see why we can't try something a bit different such as playing two deeper players.

We have so many attacking options, we really should be able to create loads of problems without having to play with five attackers in every situation.

Don’t get me wrong, I still believe we are in a fantastic position to defend the title.

But in terms of transfers, we haven’t addressed a minor issue that cost us a few times last season.
I've got confidence between Delph, Gundogan and Fernandinho we're covered for the season, at least in the league. It's definitely an issue that needs addressing for the season after, so I imagine Pep's got the scout's out.

Im not sure theres room next to Dino if im honest, I wouldn't want to drop either Dave or Kev. I can only ever see us playing a double pivot in the later stages of the champions league away from home or when trying to shut a game down. My guess would have been that the transfer (who ever it was) would be to ease the burden on Dino and be ready to take over full time in the near future
Funny you said that because I'm starting to think that we're unlikely to see a fern type dm at the club under Pep. Pep has said all the right things about Fern over the last 2 years but has not once looked at bringing in a player with a similar skillset to Fern. If this is how pep wants to see the team evolve with an emphasis on a more progressive player in Ferns role, it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Can't see us signing a big name player before the end of the window. I think the club will wait until January to reassess their options and bring in someone for cover if necessary. We should probably have gone in for Max Meyer, who was available for nothing and whose wage demands were clearly not as high as reported by the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.