who reckons they asked for more money?

bigquinn772 said:
cheshireblue said:
I think Cook fucked up. BIG TIME.

I disagree there with you.

None of us actually knows what happened - other than that, in the world's most complex transfer, there's a hell of a lot that can go wrong.
The press don't know what went wrong either - so please let's ignore the rumours and not get divided by it. We are city!
And as for the unfounded allegations against our own - in this thread, against Cook, and in other threads, against Jo and Elano - please, we're City, let's not do the job of the gutter press when we don't have any evidence.

BLUENATIC said:
Good point DeNiro ... why else did the deal fall through? I know we pulled out of the villa deal 'cause they wanted too much money,maybe the same here?

Do you also go in for the Nigerian money scams?

Time for us to realise: we have the money, but not all the top players want to come.

Yet.

We need to build slowly. Tell the Arabs to pour money into the youth structure and find more like Ireland.

Someone is telling porkies. All the news coming out of Italy was that he was coming in fact Mediaset even said that City had agreed to pay Milan's 4.5m to Sao Paulo and then it changes. Something doesn't add up.

Heard they wanted Danny Mills as part of the deal and Cook told em to walk.

Seriously though I definately think Milan moved the goalposts and raised the price following all the weekend hype. They probably reckoned we'd stump up another few million at which point we had no option but to walk away.
Burlesconi and Galliani were in a win win situation - get another 20 million and line their pockets or save the day by keeping him.

Not the end of the world for me tbh, 100 million can buy a lot of very good footballers.

I think Kaka' heart was never in a move to city. I think he is comfortable in Milan with his family although I believe they were ready to offload him to us and now the Milan president is taking all the plaudits for Kaka staying at Milan.

sweep said:
Or maybe Kaka didn't fancy joining a club who have just reached the heady heights of midtable with a no mark manager.

This is a lot closer to the truth IMO but i suppose we'll never know because Milan and City are telling different storys at the moment

A big publicity stunt by the biggest politician in Italy's Mediacracy.

Cook is nobodies mug, if he's walked away, then it was best to walk away.

stony said:
Cook is nobodies mug, if he's walked away, then it was best to walk away.

THIS

I recon it was all but done and the price went up and we said GOODBYE. They gambled and they lost .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.