who reckons they asked for more money?

We'll never know what really happened since both sides will be talking shite about it so it's best to just try to forget it and move on.

We'll never know what really happened since both sides will be talking shite about it so it's best to just try to forget it and move on.

Hope we issue a more indepth statement today.

Its disappointing yes, but not everyone will come to us, yet.

I hope we get at least 2players this week, also like to see the media circus round on another club.

A lot of opinions in the red tops and ssn etc, why don't we flex our muscle and force apolagies off these desperate tabloids etc.

With /without kaka we will finish 7th/8th imo.

bumbleblue said:
stony said:
Cook is nobodies mug, if he's walked away, then it was best to walk away.

THIS

I recon it was all but done and the price went up and we said GOODBYE. They gambled and they lost .
couldn,t agree more .... all the crap has come from milan . city have issued just two statements
1 yes we are interested for this amount
2 city have withdrawn there interest
all the rest is bullshit from milan ..........................

The rumours circulating from my teacher friend in Italy are that it was all down to image rights (among other things).

We were unable to reach agreement for the good of the club so Cook rightly said enough is enough.

CrawleyBlue said:
The rumours circulating from my teacher friend in Italy are that it was all down to image rights (among other things).

We were unable to reach agreement for the good of the club so Cook rightly said enough is enough.

That is believable to be honest.

Or maybe we offered LESS?

City have never come out and said the offer was £108m, and in fact they have downplayed it. It's Milan who have been putting that number about.

My take is that the dialogue (over the last few weeks) has gone something along these lines:

City approach Milan and say we are interested in buying Kaka, is he available.
Milan say no chance, you'd have to offer us £100m
We say, OK we don't see £100m as being a problem
Milan, shocked by this say, well if you are able to offer that much, well yes we'd have to consider it
We say OK, let's negotiate

That takes us to last week. Then yesterday, we say

OK, so here we are negotiating. How much do you REALLY want.
Milan say £100m of course
We say "you're having a larf" - no-one is really worth that, and you know it
They say, "thank you and goodbye. You muppets have wasted everyone's time"

Or maybe Kaka just didn't want to come play for us.

Next. Move on.

At least we've got Bellamy. Not the same big name as Kaka, for sure, but potentially as important to our efforts to get into the top 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.