Who runs a business and how's trade?

Do you need a high level of insurance ? I've thought of doing this.
What industry are you in ?

This would depend massively depending on your industry.

I run a marketing consultancy for the live events / culture / music industry so for me it’s quite easy on that front. Other industries will vary wildly.

This would depend massively depending on your industry.

I run a marketing consultancy for the live events / culture / music industry so for me it’s quite easy on that front. Other industries will vary wildly.
I'm a site manager for a building company.
Been thinking for a while of setting up on my own.
Basically same as I do now.
But get my own jobs in.
Add 12% on everything and charge myself out to run the job

I'm a site manager for a building company.
Been thinking for a while of setting up on my own.
Basically same as I do now.
But get my own jobs in.
Add 12% on everything and charge myself out to run the job

I guess in your game there would be a ton of elf’n’safety and procurement hoops to jump through.

But if you have a solid business plan and cash flow projections and back yourself then go for it.

I’m not an expert by any means and with my business people are basically paying for skills and knowledge (I do marketing strategy, campaign management, some creative work and digital advertising) so my outgoings are tiny.

Subcontracting is a small part of what I do but it’s basically free money. Last month for example I had to get some video editing done. Charged the client X and paid my subcontractor Y and pocketed the difference - nice bit of cash for sending a few emails. Everyone was happy.

I guess in your game there would be a ton of elf’n’safety and procurement hoops to jump through.

But if you have a solid business plan and cash flow projections and back yourself then go for it.

I’m not an expert by any means and with my business people are basically paying for skills and knowledge (I do marketing strategy, campaign management, some creative work and digital advertising) so my outgoings are tiny.

Subcontracting is a small part of what I do but it’s basically free money. Last month for example I had to get some video editing done. Charged the client X and paid my subcontractor Y and pocketed the difference - nice bit of cash for sending a few emails. Everyone was happy.
Basically as a contractor I'd do all the health and saftey and make on all thr contractors I use.
Have some good contacts.
Got a meeting tomorrow about 14 apartments to renovate in Stoke.
Could be a good start

Basically as a contractor I'd do all the health and saftey and make on all thr contractors I use.
Have some good contacts.
Got a meeting tomorrow about 14 apartments to renovate in Stoke.
Could be a good start

Sounds vaguely similar to what my dad did for years. He had a team of guys doing energy / insulation inspections and something to do with solar panels and made commission on every house. Sounded a bit dodgy but he made quite a few quid out of it.

Do a three year business and cash projection and see if you reckon it’ll work.

It feels great to make money for yourself rather than some other ****, I can tell you that much.

Sounds vaguely similar to what my dad did for years. He had a team of guys doing energy / insulation inspections and something to do with solar panels and made commission on every house. Sounded a bit dodgy but he made quite a few quid out of it.
I've just made a few grand doing an extension for a guy I know.
I've just organised the trades and made on each.
While still at work easy money

Capitalist pig.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.