Who runs a business and how's trade?

I work for a corporate business but will be starting my own business management consultancy within the next 6 months. Appreciate advice from anybody who already works within or owns their own consultancy business….

I left a senior level full time job in the spring to set up a consultancy business and have quadrupled my income. Plus there’s a shitloads of tax breaks and claiming back VAT on stuff etc.

Hands down the best decision I’ve ever made so far.

Of course it could all go to shit but if that happens I’ll just go and get a job again.

Your mileage may vary etc.

What I would say is you might need a few months income set aside to cash flow yourself until the invoice payments come rolling in. And go down the limited company route and register for VAT if you’re going to be selling your services to other VAT registered businesses - a bit more admin but the benefits are worth it.

I left a senior level full time job in the spring to set up a consultancy business and have quadrupled my income. Plus there’s a shitloads of tax breaks and claiming back VAT on stuff etc.

Hands down the best decision I’ve ever made so far.

Of course it could all go to shit but if that happens I’ll just go and get a job again.

Your mileage may vary etc.

What I would say is you might need a few months income set aside to cash flow yourself until the invoice payments come rolling in. And go down the limited company route and register for VAT if you’re going to be selling your services to other VAT registered businesses - a bit more admin but the benefits are worth it.
Do you need a high level of insurance ? I've thought of doing this.
What industry are you in ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.